Cheerleaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheerleaders

I think the Cheerleaders are doing a much better job. I like the new uniforms, the stunts are good, and they are leading cheer. They did a very nice job with both USD games.

Re: Cheerleaders

Can anyone explain what "JACK" was doing during one of the timeouts with the cheerleaders when they came out onto the floor?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. I've been to a lot of games over the past decade and this year there is noticable improvement. At the beginning of the year there was the usual dropping of girls when trying to life them. But lately I havne't noticed much. Also, their new uniforms I think look classy. Much better than the new dance team uniforms - yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        I was thinking the same thing. I've been to a lot of games over the past decade and this year there is noticable improvement. At the beginning of the year there was the usual dropping of girls when trying to life them. But lately I havne't noticed much. Also, their new uniforms I think look classy. Much better than the new dance team uniforms - yikes!
        I thought so too. The uniforms looked really sharp in white.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            I think the Cheerleaders are doing a much better job. I like the new uniforms, the stunts are good, and they are leading cheer. They did a very nice job with both USD games.
            This is about to change, for the worse... (WAY worse) it will be going back to the way it was 3 years ago. Alumni unrest will be the only way to fix this. Be prepared for this next year (the same goes for the dance team). if you would like more info please feel free to PM me. The things that are happening are just not right IMO.

Comment

Additionally if you care, (which I know most of you don't) the cheer team has their competition this Sunday in Sioux Falls. If you would care to see how much hard work these young ladies and gentlemen have put in this year come check it out. I can give you more specific info if any of you care.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                I think the CL's are great....wayy better than I thought they ever were when I can remember, and yes, the dance team uniforms are bad. I hated them! Sorry...but i do.
                Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Well without a lot of expressed dissatisfaction from the fans, I would expect things to get as poor as they have been in the past. quite frankly the cheer team needs help (support from the fans, because they aren't getting it from the other source they should). Its a sad deal really.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    Well without a lot of expressed dissatisfaction from the fans, I would expect things to get as poor as they have been in the past. quite frankly the cheer team needs help (support from the fans, because they aren't getting it from the other source they should). Its a sad deal really.
                    So how bout you fills us in. Or atleast pm me. I gotta know.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

saw a tweet from Chicoines Mustache saying funding for the Dance Team and Cheerleaders has been significantly reduced.

Comment

I think that understanding is inaccurate, but whoever does that account (and I assure you its not me) seems to have some connections in Brookings... For the record I never said anything about their quantity of funding. I think we all know states athletic budget situation.
                        Last edited by slosho; 01-22-2012, 08:31 AM. Reason: spell check

Comment

Cheer leaders are doing very well this year, look sharp and are loud! the dance team is another story.... whats with changing into slouchy black clothes and putting on yellow bandanas that make them look sloppy and like cowgirls (badly dressed) i assume they are trying to be hip hop.... but white girls from south dakota should not be pretenders!!!!!!! keep your dance clothes on and perform in that, it would be 500% better.... seriously, you look rediculous, who's idea was that....?

Comment

All,

I have just received a copy of the following statement. If you care please read. if not carry on.

"To: South Dakota State Athletics

We are writing you this letter to inform you that we will be resigning at the conclusion of the 2012-2013 season. We are choosing to not return for several reasons, some of which are outlined below, and hope you will take these into consideration for correction when selecting your next coaching staff.

• Lack of athletic department budgeting for the team members, causing members to have to pay for their equipment in a division one athletics program
                            • No early registration for team members, creating scheduling issues for practices
                            • Revoking access to the Dykehouse Student Athlete Center after giving allowance to use
                            • Cancelling performance dates which have already been agreed upon, and prepared for
                            • Coaching compensation amount combined with method of payment causing coaches to lose money each year they coach for the university

Following the final men’s and women’s basketball tournament games, the coaching staff will do the following:

• Collect all uniforms, warmups, etc owned by the university
                            • Deliver all equipment owned by the university to the equipment room of SDSU Athletics
                            • Deliver contact information for all students interested in cheerleading to Eric Hrubes
                            • Deliver contact information for current team members to Eric Hrubes
                            The coaching staff has already informed the teams of our decision. The captains of the teams have requested to be involved in the process of selecting new coaches for the program. The captain contact information is contained below:

(Information removed)

We hope the department continues to move forward and develop the cheerleading program from where it is today and we look forward to watching it grow. Thank you for your time.
                            Dan Habeck
                            Jasmine Habeck
                            Becky Jankowski"

So if the cheer team regresses over the next few years, don't be supprized. Feel free to write the Ath. department and thank them for this. IT IS REALLY SAD THESE KIDS PAY TO CHEER! But no Donors care, so neither does the Ath. Dept.

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Well....just like everything now a day - perhaps we need a sponsor to pick up the check. I hear Daktronics enough (No offense to them - they have done a lot for the school and athletic deparment).

How about the "Nick's Hamburgers Patty's"? or the "Ray's Corner Guard" - something like that. I'm sure no one is realistically going to step forward with their checkbook (with the exception of Dale Larson - he has done WAY more than any ONE person I can think of for the entire community of Brookings).

Cubby's Chubbies (as in not physically chubby, but....well you get the picture - men!) is likely a little outside the realm of PC or acceptable, but you could have fun picking them out during auditions! Just a thought. If only Brookings had a Hooter's......well, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                              X