Imming Stepping Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imming Stepping Down

Congratulations to Steve Imming on a heck of a run of 19 years as the play by play voice of the Jacks! He is stepping down and will just be working part time at WNAX. Tyler Merriam will step into the lead announcer role, and former Jack Mike Struck will provide color. JJ Hartigan will take over Tyler's women's hoops duties.

JJ is a Sioux falls native that has spent many years doing games at KWSN and the last 2 summers has been the voice of the college wood bat league for the team in Mankato.

Re: Imming Stepping Down

I'll miss the Steve...

Comment

Re: Imming Stepping Dwon

All good things must come to an end - he has made a nice run and I will miss him. He has been a consumate professional over the years.

Best of luck to Steve on the next chapter in life -

Comment

Steve was my Vin Skully of SDSU sports.

You will be missed my many Steve. Thank you for all the great years.

I miss him already. May not be able to listen to Jackrabbit football this fall =(
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

All good things must come to an end. Steve has done a remarkable job. We are losing a good announcer as evidenced by his own telling during a Sports Max interview of his parents trying to shut off a radio in the house when what they heard was their son practicing a play by play of a game. We will miss you Steve.

Comment

I would think Steve would be a great candidate for the Jackrabbit HOF. What always amazed me is that for many years he kept stats on the fly by himself for basketball. He didn't have a color person until the last couple years. Now, all of the stats are delivered to their laptops.

I can here him saying, "Steve Imming saying good evening."

Best of luck to Steve in his retirement. Hope to see him in the stands.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Steve Imming for the Jacks and John Gordon for the Twins both priceless. I was always so impressed with his professionalism and not being a complete homer like many announcers are for their team. Thanks for all the GREAT YEARS!!! Tyler has some big shoes to fill.

Comment

Norm Hilson and now Steve Imming have been wonderful announcers and ambassadors for SDSU football and Basketball. Tyler does have big shoes to fill, but he's also the right person to fill them. He's been a great announcer for the WBB program the last 2 years, and has been good as a color guy for the MBB and football. He's a SDSU alum, and a passionate about South Dakota guy. He has the touch of calling the game positively for the Jacks, and doesn't have total homerism. THANK YOU STEVE! You called MANY great games, and this fan will miss your calling the games.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  Norm Hilson and now Steve Imming have been wonderful announcers and ambassadors for SDSU football and Basketball. Tyler does have big shoes to fill, but he's also the right person to fill them. He's been a great announcer for the WBB program the last 2 years, and has been good as a color guy for the MBB and football. He's a SDSU alum, and a passionate about South Dakota guy. He has the touch of calling the game positively for the Jacks, and doesn't have total homerism. THANK YOU STEVE! You called MANY great games, and this fan will miss your calling the games.
                  Ditto! Thanks Steve, it has been great knowing and listening to you. Hope to see you at a future Jacks game!

Comment

I know my dad and I enjoyed listening to Steve and Tyler during road games. They were a good fit, both with a sense of humor and not homers. Both were able to express the events of the game throught their voices. When we score a TD just listening to him always made the play sound exciting.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I haven't had the chance to get to know Mr. Imming all that well, but I always enjoyed talking to him at the Summit League tournament. I'm proud to have called him a colleague. Congratulations, Steve... and good luck, Tyler! You've got some big shoes to fill but I know you'll do very well!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                        Steve Imming for the Jacks and John Gordon for the Twins both priceless. I was always so impressed with his professionalism and not being a complete homer like many announcers are for their team. Thanks for all the GREAT YEARS!!! Tyler has some big shoes to fill.
                        I will take Herb Carneal over John Gordon every day of the week

Good luck to Steve, I always enjoyed listening to him when the Jacks were on the road.
                        Last edited by mango4; 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          I will take Herb Carneal over John Gordon every day of the week over John Gordon.
                          Is there an echo in the thread?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Is there an echo in the thread?
                            Yep, I echo myself sometimes when I talk in real life too.

Comment

Steve is a really good radio guy. I hope he still does a few games from time to time whether they be local high school games, Mount Marty games or the occational SDSU game. He is too good not to. Tyler is good, but it takes a year or 2 to get use to the new guy on the mike

Comment

Working...
                              X