SDSU Employee Fired- BIG NEWS TO THE ARGUS LEADER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Employee Fired- BIG NEWS TO THE ARGUS LEADER

I have no idea of what is going on but it looks like the Chicoine honeymoon is over or was it over when he joined the Monsanto board of directors. Either there is more to this story than is presented in this lenghty article, or based on its details, the adminstration does not look good in taking this action. I think there is another shoe or two to drop.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...t-led-reprisal

Re: SDSU Employee Fired- BIG NEWS TO THE ARGUS LEADER

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I have no idea of what is going on but it looks like the Chicoine honeymoon is over or was it over when he joined the Monsanto board of directors. Either there is more to this story than is presented in this lenghty article, or based on its details, the adminstration does not look good in taking this action. I think there is another shoe or two to drop.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...t-led-reprisal
    I read it yesterday and thought the same. Mr. Nixon has ties to the Argus and may be getting some sympathy for that. I suspect there are several issues that weren't discussed in the article. The attorneys will be working it out now. I don't know that Chicoine will get much more than a bruise from this. I do know that he has been sought after by other universities so he'll likely land on his feet when he decides to move on.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I read it yesterday and thought the same. Mr. Nixon has ties to the Argus and may be getting some sympathy for that. I suspect there are several issues that weren't discussed in the article. The attorneys will be working it out now. I don't know that Chicoine will get much more than a bruise from this. I do know that he has been sought after by other universities so he'll likely land on his feet when he decides to move on.
      What is interesting in this story is that President Chicoine hands are tied in offering any kind of a reply to the issues raised. There is no doubt more to be told here and the details can not be conveyed because it's a personnel matter. Thats what I mean when saying the President's hands are tied. The same unoffical gag order is applied to any personnel matter that might arise.

Comment

And that is as it should be. Unfortunate that the Argus may only print half the story.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
        X