Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU top pick for Sioux Falls graduates

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...news|text|Home

The school district has tracked its graduates’ college participation since 2003. The most popular colleges in those eight years have been:

SDSU – 1,600 students enrolled
    University of South Dakota – 1,114
    Southeast Technical Institute – 836
    Augustana – 472
    University of Sioux Falls – 318
    Nebraska – 221
    Dakota State – 195
    Minnesota – 172
    Minnesota State-Mankato – 151
    S.D. School of Mines – 88

Re: SDSU top pick for Sioux Falls graduates

That's powerful testimony to SDSU's place in the hearts and minds of South Dakotans in the state's largest city.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      That's powerful testimony to SDSU's place in the hearts and minds of South Dakotans in the state's largest city.
      Be interesting to see what it looks like in Rapid City. I'd think that SDSU would be an even higher ratio to USD than SF.

Comment

A couple of years ago I saw a series of maps made for the BOR that displayed the percentage of SD high school grads at each of the 6 state colleges and universities.

USD tended to draw highest in SE SD and little from west river and north. Makes sense because a business or education degree can be had at four of the schools scattered about the state. The BOR having done USD no favors there.

SDSU on the other hand had a high draw in the east central counties. But then maintained that with a 10-25% draw throughout the rest of the state. With the significant percentages of students attending SDSU from each of the counties, SDSU can probably claim the title of "South Dakota's University" more readily than any of the other schools.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          A couple of years ago I saw a series of maps made for the BOR that displayed the percentage of SD high school grads at each of the 6 state colleges and universities.

USD tended to draw highest in SE SD and little from west river and north. Makes sense because a business or education degree can be had at four of the schools scattered about the state. The BOR having done USD no favors there.

SDSU on the other hand had a high draw in the east central counties. But then maintained that with a 10-25% draw throughout the rest of the state. With the significant percentages of students attending SDSU from each of the counties, SDSU can probably claim the title of "South Dakota's University" more readily than any of the other schools.
          Here is what you are talking about from 2009:

http://www.sdbor.edu/services/academ...BOR06-2009.pdf

As you can see SDSU is really the only school that draws from the entire State. All the rest have their own niech.

Go State!

Comment

That is the one 89Rabbit, thank you. I know it is a bit out dated but I think it paints a clear and pretty picture.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
            X