Budget cuts hurt research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Budget cuts hurt research

The budget every year should be in response to the revenue(taxes) last year. It really should be simple to not spend more then comes in, and if we cant cover what we need, either tax more for it or cut more else where. I know some like the flat tax idea. But anything that can simplfy the tax system and truly make it fair and the same for everyone, then I don't see why it could not be changed. I would rather see cuts then trying to tax rich, or growing deficits. My company took pay cuts and no raises for 2 years, and it stunk, but we still had a job, now, things are better for the most part and company is more stable.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      So . . . cuts to government programs do not cause pain to taxpayers?
      Yah, I am afraid so. This year my property tax will go up maybe 200 bucks but next year, I will feel the pain. Its more of delayed pain since the taxes paid in 2011 were for year 2010, based on a evulation assessment made in November 2009. So timing does not match actions such as the 10 per cent cut by the SD Legislature.

There was some lady on KFGO in Fargo ND, yesterday that has a petition in ND to end property taxes. She feels that corporations will stumble over each other in relocating to ND. Meanwhile there is no ambulance service, no first responders nor fire fighting services all paid by property taxes. Now that is a novel idea. I can just picture all those El Paso companies relocating to ND just to avoid Texas property taxes. Guess what its still winter up here. The hidden costs are the heat bills. Sounds like a wash if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        At least 35 per cent yes the corporate tax structure is a joke. Corps can off shore all their profits and pay as little as 5% tax. Since the highest bracket for Individual taxation is 35 per cent, that should be the minimum for a corporation that has not been termed a person by the US Supreme Court. This personalization allow corporations to buy politicians, and that is about to happen in 2012. Thank David Koch.
        Sigh.

Today's Emmanuel Goldsteins are the brothers Koch.

I think we've probably gone far enough afield from the thread topic.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...&ATCLID=613212

Comment

I will quote Filbert here" SIGH".

Comment

Working...
            X