Student found dead in Pierson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Student found dead in Pierson

Words cannot express the sadness felt by many when death occurs this prematurely. Those in charge at the Argus forum should be embarrassed and I hope there are some repercussions. Allowing comments on a public forum regarding such a personal topic seem irresponsible at a minimum. Allowing the type of comments the Argus allowed is even worse, I don't know how to describe my disappointment. I will be canceling my subscription today.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Words cannot express the sadness felt by many when death occurs this prematurely. Those in charge at the Argus forum should be embarrassed and I hope there are some repercussions. Allowing comments on a public forum regarding such a personal topic seem irresponsible at a minimum. Allowing the type of comments the Argus allowed is even worse, I don't know how to describe my disappointment. I will be canceling my subscription today.
      Although this one hits close to home, pretty much every Argus article involving tragedy features the same sort of comments. It seems they could shut down comments prior to posting the article if their is personal tragedy involved.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Although this one hits close to home, pretty much every Argus article involving tragedy features the same sort of comments. It seems they could shut down comments prior to posting the article if their is personal tragedy involved.
        I agree. What purpose is served by comments on those kinds of stories? It wouldn't be violating any core journalistic principle to just shut them down on certain kinds of articles.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

you haven't seen idiotic comments in a comment section until you read the Port Huron Times Hearald. Also a Gannett newspaper, run by idiots for idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            Heart failure according to a source close to the family

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ATES/101025034
            Awful. That was my nephew who was quoted in the Argus story. They both went to WHS together and later SDSU, The Pride, etc. I was just there, goofing w/ the Pride kids over by the sheds after the game. They were all very nice kids and played along so well that it added to our great day. I don't know his father Chad but I know he's a staple in this community and seems like a class act. When thinking of radio personalities it's Wayne Pritchard, Chad McKenzie and then everyone else. PRAYERS...

Comment

Just one other thing...PLEASE SDSU, please treat this loss the same you would if it were the starting QB. This was one of the best...a SD kid who had it all figured out and was a great kid. Let us please pay our respects to a member of The Pride the same we would the quarterback.

Comment

Came across a Facebook page: In memory of Aaron Hohwieler.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Mem...7615073?v=wall
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                  Just one other thing...PLEASE SDSU, please treat this loss the same you would if it were the starting QB. This was one of the best...a SD kid who had it all figured out and was a great kid. Let us please pay our respects to a member of The Pride the same we would the quarterback.
                  unfortunatly that does not always happen. A few years ago a tenor sax player died over a weekend in his trailor. I was an alto sax with the pride and knew of him but did not personally know him. It was a passing thought it seemed to read about who he was and what happened. At the time I thought it was a rather big deal, but time goes on, some do not get their story to be told.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    unfortunatly that does not always happen. A few years ago a tenor sax player died over a weekend in his trailor. I was an alto sax with the pride and knew of him but did not personally know him. It was a passing thought it seemed to read about who he was and what happened. At the time I thought it was a rather big deal, but time goes on, some do not get their story to be told.
                    I don't know what the university is doing or not doing, but the students are talking about this a lot. That young man had a lot of friends.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I do know Chad, and went to HS with his sister(albeit she was a few years older than me).

Terrible news.

My thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X