Yankton Jackrabbit Golf Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankton Jackrabbit Golf Event

The Yankton Jackrabbit Club is hosting its annual SDSU golf event to support SDSU athletics on Wednesday, June 2nd at Hillcrest Country Club in Yankton, SD.

The event will be a scramble format with teams of 4. Men, women, children are welcome. Places will be awarded and there will be pin prizes. We will have major sponsors as well as individual hole sponsors. Several opportunities to compete in other fun events that day.

Everyone is welcome. You don't even need to be a fan of SDSU and you certainly don't need to be a member of Hillcrest. The course is one of the best in SD and this is an opportunity to play it with friends and SDSU staff. There will be a prime rib dinner and a program featuring several of the coaches, athletes, and other AD staff immediately following the golf event. If you can make it you won't regret attending.

There will be an option to attend just the dinner and program if you don't want to or can't golf. We need volunteers to assist with the event that day, if interested contact me.

Cost will be $85 per player. Again, this includes a round of golf at Hillcrest (a private club), prime rib dinner with all the fixings, and a program featuring SDSU athletics. I expect President Chicoine will attend as well, he usually does.

I think we will get things started at 1:00 pm sharp that day. More details to follow. I encourage some of you that are not from the area to make a trip down that day. This is the major fundraiser for our club. We accept all financial risk to make it happen and return any profit to SDSU in the form of a scholarship established by the group.

It is critical that events like this succeed as they help promote an increased awareness of SDSU athletics and in turn result in growing support of the Jackrabbits.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Yankton Jackrabbit Golf Event

This has been and continues to be an Alumni Association event, the Yankton Jackrabbit club since it's inception in 2007 has provided an increasing leadership role (and before 2007 many of the folks who founded the YJC provided lots of local leadership) and we have reached a point where I certainly consider it a co-hosted event. I don't want to give folks the wrong impression.

It is one of the many SDSU Golf events (Along with the Stan Marshall Golf Tournament - Stan Marshall Committee & SDSU Athletics, West River Golf Tournament & Auction - West River Jacks Chapter of the Alumni Association , Sioux Empire Staters Shootout - Sioux Empire Staters Chapter of the Alumni Association) that benefit our school. I would encourage anyone to attend any and all of these wonderful events.

I would be remise if I didn’t also mention the golf events scheduled for Mitchell, Miller, and Redfield. These events also have local volunteers in leadership roles that make them a success year after year.

Here is info for the Yankton event:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
      This has been and continues to be an Alumni Association event, the Yankton Jackrabbit club since it's inception in 2007 has provided an increasing leadership role (and before 2007 many of the folks who founded the YJC provided lots of local leadership) and we have reached a point where I certainly consider it a co-hosted event. I don't want to give folks the wrong impression.

It is one of the many SDSU Golf events (Along with the Stan Marshall Golf Tournament - Stan Marshall Committee & SDSU Athletics, West River Golf Tournament & Auction - West River Jacks Chapter of the Alumni Association , Sioux Empire Staters Shootout - Sioux Empire Staters Chapter of the Alumni Association) that benefit our school. I would encourage anyone to attend any and all of these wonderful events.

I would be remise if I didn’t also mention the golf events scheduled for Mitchell, Miller, and Redfield. These events also have local volunteers in leadership roles that make them a success year after year.

Here is info for the Yankton event:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Go State!
      Sorry for not mentioning the Alumni associations very strong affiliation and co-sponsorship of the event. Without their support it could never have become what it is and continue to be such a great event.

89 does a much better job of marketing it from the alumni association point-of-view, no intention to step on toes. I just want to get the word out early and to as many people as possible.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

No toes stepped on, and I do personally applaud both your efforts and those of the YJC as a whole. They have really stepped it up in the Yankton area and are supporting the University financially at a whole new level this year. Kudos to them all!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
          No toes stepped on, and I do personally applaud both your efforts and those of the YJC as a whole. They have really stepped it up in the Yankton area and are supporting the University financially at a whole new level this year. Kudos to them all!

Go State!
          I have mentioned it on this forum before, but without the assistance of Matt and Missy, these events would be much more difficult to run. Thanks to those two for all they do...

Comment

Working...
          X