Jackrabbit Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit Fans

Friend of mine who is from Pierre, played football at Black Hills State, huge Nebraska fan traveled down to Omaha to watch Creighton play in the bracketbuster challenge this weekend. I have made him into a Jackrabbit fan having taken him to a football game and tailgating and generally by osmosis.

He was wearing a Jackrabbit hat I gave him and to his surprise was approached by 3 separate SDSU fans in two different establishments. An attorney and a banker from Omaha and Brock Gentile. The attorney ended up buying supper and drinks for the guys. Gentile was getting ready to play a game for the Omaha Beef. My friend was so surprised to see and be recognized by other Jackrabbit fans that he had to give me a call.

I'm not saying that the move to DI has increased our exposure outside of South Dakota, I'm just reporting what happened to a fairly new, unknowing Jackrabbit fan.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Jackrabbit Fans

Nice story, guess your buddy owes you dinner now?

Comment

Seems like I remember being told at an alumni gathering in Omaha several years ago that there are something like 1,200 alums in the Lincoln/Omaha area. I guess we ought to get organized.

It's pretty common to run into alums while wearing Jacks gear around here, or driving, for that matter with my vanity plates. Had a good visit with the Beran bros. (Brett & Brock) at the College World Series a couple of years ago.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        Seems like I remember being told at an alumni gathering in Omaha several years ago that there are something like 1,200 alums in the Lincoln/Omaha area. I guess we ought to get organized.

It's pretty common to run into alums while wearing Jacks gear around here, or driving, for that matter with my vanity plates. Had a good visit with the Beran bros. (Brett & Brock) at the College World Series a couple of years ago.

Currently SDSU has 1,557 alumni in Nebraska. Of that total 441 live in the Omaha area (Douglas Co. and the boarder counties) and 272 live in the Lincoln area (Lancaster Co. and the boarder counties).

I do know of a group that would be willing to help you get organized.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
        X