Athletic Staff...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletic Staff...?

I was directed to your site by a friend . I may add...great site. Enjoyed the Creighton piece about Sokol Arena and it's comparison to your venue. Both are great facilities. Creighton's will be used for women's basketball and volleyball primarily and was all privately fundraised...as is the norm for new facilities in today's college environment. Good luck on your facility plan...always a challenging piece of a university.

Back to my original subject.... I heard a rumbling from a source at Creighton that there may be some staff changes at SDSU in the near future? Any insight from the board?

ps....Enjoyed watching your women's basketball team last year! The ride should have been longer....

Re: Athletic Staff...?

You know more than I do.

Comment

Well lets see, in the past few months we have a new AD, new assistant coaches in FB and WBB, with another WBB assistant and a MBB assistant to be added. We added a new Assistant AD for Academics. Those are the ones just off the top of my head. As you can see a lot of changes and depending on who you are talking to and when perhaps any of these could be what you are refereeing to? If not you may need to be a little more specific.

Go State!

Comment

I inquired and they said it was Mike Burgess. He was at Creighton before from what this guy told me. Sounds like they talked highly of him...just wondering how he got to SDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by jaysalum1 View Post
          I inquired and they said it was Mike Burgess. He was at Creighton before from what this guy told me. Sounds like they talked highly of him...just wondering how he got to SDSU?
          Sounds like they mean Mark Burgers. He's Associate AD for External Relations. Good guy. Came here from Creighton. His brother Mike Burgers is Associate AD for Fundraising.

I haven't heard anything about staff changes.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jaysalum1 View Post
            There are two Burgess brothers at SDSU. Mark and Mike and I sat by Mike at the Endowment banquet last fall so he has been at SDSU about a year or more. His brother Mark much longer, but both are from DeSmet SD Mike did mention he had been a Creigthon. I suppose having a brother on staff was helpful, but I think both pull their weight and are assets to SDSU Athletic adminstration.

Comment

The media guides have their names spelled Mike and Mark Burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                There are two Burgess brothers at SDSU. Mark and Mike and I sat by Mike at the Endowment banquet last fall so he has been at SDSU about a year or more. His brother Mark much longer, but both are from DeSmet SD Mike did mention he had been a Creigthon. I suppose having a brother on staff was helpful, but I think both pull their weight and are assets to SDSU Athletic adminstration.
                I think you have them mixed up. Mike Burgers is the older brother and has been at SDSU much longer, while Mark came here from Creighton.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  I think you have them mixed up. Mike Burgers is the older brother and has been at SDSU much longer, while Mark came here from Creighton.
                  My bad about first names mix up and the spelling of their name. It did not seem right but our Creighton friend spelled Burgess and sometimes I am guilty of monkey see, monkey do. This is one time.

Comment

Let's keep that "their from DeSmet" part quiet. Might hurt their credibility.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

I hear those DeSmet guys run in packs around the town of Brookings.

You see one and you're sure to see three or four more, somewhere.

Go Jacks!!
                      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        it might be an improvement over Lake Norden.

Comment

Or Arlington

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                            Or Arlington
                            I just live there, I have nothing to lose. Its a good place to be from.

Comment

Working...
                            X