Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheel's gear/Promoting games

Two unrelated things from the past week:

1) Was in Fargo yesterday. As usual, I went to Scheels. I always leave very jealous of the amount and diversity of NDSU gear. The Sioux Falls Scheels has gotten better in recent years, especially since the new look rabbit was unveiled. But the amount of NDSU gear in Fargo (and the amount of UND gear, for that matter) is always superior. Plus, you can always find a $10 Bison or Sioux shirt in Fargo. There are no deals on SDSU gear at Sheels in SF. Or at least it seems to me. I haven't been there since September. I understand Fargo Scheels sells more NDSU gear than Sioux Falls does SDSU gear, but...I sure wish selections were more equitable. I guess we need to increase demand. Some of the Jacks gear at Scheels, though, can be pretty...well...ugly. Not all, but plenty. Thoughts?

2. This idea came from listening to the V Foundation auction on ESPN Radio. Some of those college football packages they auctioned off involved a tailgate base led by, say, the men's basketball coach. I wonder if that's something that SDSU could steal. Maybe have a tent for students or an event or something in the Back Yard and Nagy could be there one week, AJ on game, etc. Or something like that could be at the Foundation tent, too, I suppose. I don't know. Just thinking here. Just an idea. But have a "pep rally" say 90 minutes before the game. The hoops coach talks a bit, the band plays the fight song, everybody gathers, etc. Cheerleaders could be there. Once again...thoughts?
    Last edited by JackFan96; 07-19-2009, 07:59 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Re: Scheels gear/Promoting games

I had to think for a minute what Shield's is...but I think you mean Scheels.
    Last edited by SidelineObserver; 07-19-2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Re: Shield's gear/Promoting games

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
      I had to think for a minute what Shield's is...but I think you mean Scheels.
      I thought the same thing what the heck is Shields?

Comment

Scheels is based in Fargo and is a big supporter of Bison athletics. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Damn the luck. Scheels it is. Sorry. I'm a fool. Most already knew that. I will make an edit.

I'm jealous of the NDSU display they have in the Fargo Scheels.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

The Scheel's in Iowa City has probably the most diverse selection of Hawkeye gear in the city.

I think it is more the fact that the school/department aren't pushing the swag.
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
            X