Hunt for sponsors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunt for sponsors

I hear that USD is out seeking regional sponsorships from businesses and entities such as the Sioux Falls airport. I presume SDSU routinely persues similar sponsorship prospects. Hope so, anyway.
    This space for lease.

Re: Hunt for sponsors

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I hear that USD is out seeking regional sponsorships from businesses and entities such as the Sioux Falls airport. I presume SDSU routinely persues similar sponsorship prospects. Hope so, anyway.

Jacked-Up maybe I'm misunderstanig you....but apparently you don't see all the advertising signs or hear all the PA announcements about Sponsors. I believe corporate sponsorship is a large chunk of the income for the athletic department.

Just off the top of my head, some of the sponsors are Avera, Daktronics, Larsons, Desmet Farm Mutual, First Bank & Trust, Coca-Cola, & Aramark.

I'm sure they are always looking for more.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      Jacked-Up maybe I'm misunderstanig you....but apparently you don't see all the advertising signs or hear all the PA announcements about Sponsors. I believe corporate sponsorship is a large chunk of the income for the athletic department.

Just off the top of my head, some of the sponsors are Avera, Daktronics, Larsons, Desmet Farm Mutual, First Bank & Trust, Coca-Cola, & Aramark.

I'm sure they are always looking for more.
      Also Alltel. And Cubby's is the next level down, I think.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Also Alltel. And Cubby's is the next level down, I think.

And Orthopedic Institutue.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Also WNAX, Radio 910AM, the Brookings Register and the SDSU Bookstore.

Comment

I do think USD is on to something if they are after Sioux Falls Airport. Since nearly all out of state people get off the airplane here, what they see in terms of billboards and signs probably makes a big impression. We should be working here and I suspect this is an idea that has been talked about. I have not landed in SF by air service for a long time so have no idea whats displayed in the Air Terminal. I think if the SF airport backs USD, they are likely to back SDSU as well as athletics events for both schools are going to involve air travel which can only be good for the Air terminal. I can not see them preferring USD over SDSU. It would be in their best interest to support both.

Comment

I'm aware of SDSU's existing sponsors. I don't know what new regional sponsors the Jacks might be pursuing. Obviously there's competition out there. USD's interest in the Sioux Falls airport is just an interesting example that came to my attention. I thought I'd throw it into the open for the sake of discussion.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
              X