Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Yard Signs

Heard this from a friend on campus:

South Dakota State University fans can show their Jackrabbit pride by displaying a yard sign throughout the 2009-10 season.

Free signs will be available for pickup starting Monday (July 13) at the following locations:
    • Jackrabbit Ticket Office in the Stanley J. Marshall HPER Center (weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.;
    • SDSU Foundation office in Sioux Falls, located at the corner of 10th Street and Phillips Avenue (weekdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.).

Fans are asked to display the signs in their yards or businesses starting Aug. 1 through the last winter home date (March 6).

Supplies are limited. No signs will be mailed.

Please note that Brookings city ordinances prohibit signs to be placed on the boulevards.

For more information, contact the Jackrabbit Ticket Office at 1-866-GO JACKS.

Re: SDSU Yard Signs

Fantastic, I will probably get one for my house

Comment

Once you get the sign, people should post pictures with the sign at famous locations. Around here if you take the local newspaper and take a picture of you holding the paper at a famous site, they will print your picture in the paper.

You could do the same thing with these yard signs. I actually will be in Watertown tomorrow thru the 22nd. We are going to Minnesota for a few days fishing, so I can't get a sign because I won't be in Brookings. But if I could get a sign, I would take a picture of the sign at the Golden Gate Bridge, Yosemite or any other famous landmark.

It would be cool if GoJacks would post the pictures on their site as part of the promotion.

Go Jacks!!!
      Go State!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

This year is the first time I've been able to celebrate Father's day as a father, and my daughter set a great precedent at only 2 1/2 mos. old when she got me a Jackrabbit Garden flag that is waving in the wind in my front yard.

This sounds like a great promo and I would love nothing more than seeing a bunch of Jackrabbit signs out all season long!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          This year is the first time I've been able to celebrate Father's day as a father, and my daughter set a great precedent at only 2 1/2 mos. old when she got me a Jackrabbit Garden flag that is waving in the wind in my front yard.

This sounds like a great promo and I would love nothing more than seeing a bunch of Jackrabbit signs out all season long!
          I've got a garden flag at the house, one for the camper, 3 SDSU flags for the tailgate flagpole, this sounds like another nice addition.

Suggestion, everyone grab a few extra ones and place them in other Jackrabbit fan's yards. I can't think of a much nicer gesture.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Can someone get me one and mail it to me here in Michigan?

Comment

How about to ATL? I'll get a picture in front of the Southern "Mt. Rushmore", Stone Mtn., Maybe even from Chattanooga Stadium, where Jacks will be playing late this upcoming season.

Hey, I'm Rabid, Ok

Comment

Just picked up my yard sign over lunch at the SDSU Foundation in Sioux Falls. By the way this is located at 201 S. Phillips Avenue, Suite 110 (Corner of 9th & Phillips). Very nice - the only thing I could say is that I wish they had some more color (they are white and blue only) but very good just the same.

I took it straight to a vocal Coyote supporter when I got back to the office and told him that since I missed his birthday I went out today and got him a present. Oddly, he declined to accept the sign as a gift. But it now hangs proudly above my office door (which is in his direct line of sight as he sits at his desk). I couldn't resist.
                Last edited by JackrabbitGuy; 07-13-2009, 12:43 PM. Reason: Added location of office.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Got mine today. One in front of the office and one at the house.

Go State!

Comment

I've got a large allotment headed towards Yankton later this week. If you are in the Yankton area and want a yard sign let me know.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I've got one for my mansion on 7th St. in Brookings. Probably won't be any signs there next year because it's going to be a parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by JackMan View Post
                        I've got one for my mansion on 7th St. in Brookings. Probably won't be any signs there next year because it's going to be a parking lot.
                        I'm going to get one for our house on 12th ave, which will also be a parking lot next year

Comment

Having the wife pick up a couple signs today, and one will be in my yard on Orchard tonight.

I also saw one last night in a yard in Indian Hills while we were out kibitzing.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by rowdyrabbit View Post
                            having the wife pick up a couple signs today, and one will be in my yard on orchard tonight.

I also saw one last night in a yard in indian hills while we were out kibitzing.
                            Kibitz:
                            as a spectator, making comments on a chess game that can be heard by the players. kibitzing on a serious game while it is in progress (rather than during a post-mortem) is a serious breach of chess etiquette.
                            Sounds like Indian Hills is turning in to a party neighborhood. I might have to look for a rental house out there!

Comment

I can't believe I spent an hour in the Foundation office yesterday and forgot to ask for a yard sign. Too late to back track 450 miles tomorrow. Rats!

Comment

Working...
                              X