Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack State (the Rabbit) Needs your vote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jack State (the Rabbit) Needs your vote.

Same here, just a message saying they will announce the winner at the capitalone bowl. Me thinks I smell a rat.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Looks like the votes are still counting, they're just not showing the totals.

Now is the time to step up the voting!

Comment

I believe I recall that December 15 was the last day to vote. Voting not available today seems to confirm that.

Watch for JACK STATE to be the write-in champion!!! And hopefully Thundar (thanks to all the Bison fans who might have helped us on the write-in...and I hope they know that if Thundar wins, a lot of the credit will go to the faithful SDSU fanatics posting every day!!!!!

Comment

It was great seeing 3 midwest mascots in the hunt for the prizes. Guess all of us farmer boys have nothing better to do than sit in front of the computer.
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
            It was great seeing 3 midwest mascots in the hunt for the prizes. Guess all of us farmer boys have nothing better to do than sit in front of the computer.
            Well when its about 0 Kelvin out (yes you read that right, -273 degrees Celsius, also known as absolute zero where there is theoretically no thermal energy) the best thing to do is stay inside, am I right?!

I sure hope we won. I voted every time jackmd told me to, which was approximately 1,396 times.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The Capital One Bowl is on ABC right now! Watch halftime for the Mascot Challenge winner.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Cy Wins the Mascot of the Year.

Comment

Uhhh...THAT was a disappointment....

I guess I was expecting the Mascots to be at the game and some sort of halftime show involving the competition.....instead it was a 1 minute commercial that didn't even mention any other mascots, or show Thundar or mention the write-in winner....

What a joke.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

So, do we get anything for winning the write-in vote?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
                        So, do we get anything for winning the write-in vote?
                        Per their website

Prizes
                        The Write-In mascot receiving the most online votes will win $1,000 for use in scholarships and funding of its school's mascot program. The winning mascot will also be offered an opportunity to be on the 2009 All-America Mascot Team pending their school's official approval and willingness to agree to the official terms and conditions required by Capital One to be on the All-America Mascot Team.

In the event of a tie, the Write-In prize money will be split between the two winning schools and both winning mascots will be offered an opportunity to compete in the 2009 Capital One All-America Mascot Competition.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                          I think at least part of the $1000 dollars in scholarship money should recognize this forum and the bisonville forum. Now, I don't really expect that to happen but we are the reason Jack Rabbit won the write-in vote. Nice work, now start getting over to the Argus site and recommend TV's blog and any story about SDSU.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I think at least part of the $1000 dollars in scholarship money should recognize this forum and the bisonville forum. Now, I don't really expect that to happen but we are the reason Jack Rabbit won the write-in vote. Nice work, now start getting over to the Argus site and recommend TV's blog and any story about SDSU.
                            Jack Rabbit owes a big THANK YOU to our Northern cohorts. The Bison fans did fantastic in winning all the way until the last match-up. We wouldn't have made #1 in the Write-in without the help of our Bovine buds. THANK YOU BISON FANS!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Jack Rabbit owes a big THANK YOU to our Northern cohorts. The Bison fans did fantastic in winning all the way until the last match-up. We wouldn't have made #1 in the Write-in without the help of our Bovine buds. THANK YOU BISON FANS!
                              The only thanks we need is the same help next year. I'm hoping we can make this a revolving Dakota thing where one xDSU wins the write-in and the other makes the championship match(hopefully no Cy next year).

Comment

Any Idea what the final vote tally was? Im guessing it had to be close. What a big thing it would have been for the XDSUs to sweep the challenge. Wonder how long it will take the UXDs to make it. When I first read it I was surprised. Hope we both have a good showing next year. To bad we cant start voting now.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X