Jackrabbits in KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits in KC

I just signed up for the Saturday, August 9 event at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City--tailgating Alumni gathering at 4:15 pm followed by a Twins-Royals game at 6:10 pm.

$40/person gets you tailgate food and game ticket . . . www.statealum.com or 888 735 2257 before August 1.

If you like your baseball outdoors and in the summer heat, Kauffman Stadium's your place. And the Royals aren't awful this year.

See y'all there!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Jackrabbits in KC

And one of the best stadiums in the world to watch baseball.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Won't disagree that it's a phenomenal venue for baseball. Went to many games when I got sent to Ft. Riley working in The Circus. Always had a great time. Have fun in Sunny KC!

Comment

No surprise to anyone, I am sure, but I will be there. Looks like we are going to have a really nice group of Jackrabbits on hand, should be tons of fun!

Go State!

Comment

Come on all, I see lots and lots of people not planning to attend. The number of registered people on the sdsualum.com site is SORELY disappointing. Kansas City ain't that far from Brookings--six hours. A bit over four hours from Yankton.

I'm calling y'all out.

There's nothing better than early August baseball under the warm Missouri skies . . . the long-range forecast is for a hot, clear night. Good beer drinking weather!

And it's Larry Gura bobblehead night! What more do you want?

OK. You want more. Snookums will give out as many free soda pop coupons as she has (and that's saying something!)

If you don't get your fill at the pre-game tailgating, there's Gates BBQ, Sheboygan brats/Italian sausage, and Scimeca's sausages, with Boulevard beer to wash it down (or lemonade or Pepsi products, if you're non-alcoholic).

You need to experience Kauffman Stadium, y'all. There isn't a better ballpark in the majors, and they're making big improvements even as we speak. It's got the biggest scoreboard in the world (made by you-know-who . . . a little company in Brookings). It's really, really big.

If you haven't registered yet, get on over to www.statealum.com and register. It's only $40, and it'll be a party! Where else can you buttonhole Pres. Chicoine with your most favoritest pet theories on how to make our SDSU better.

You can even root for the Twinkies if you really want to.

Register now. You know you want to . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It was a super events with 55 in attendance. A good time was had by all.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
            X