A "Stubhub" for SDSU FB&BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Stubhub" for SDSU FB&BB

I was wondering something the other day and thought I would throw it out here on the board.

To season tickets holders. How would you feel if there was a website available that you, where you could put your unused tickets up for sale and the proceeds would go to SDSU athletics in your name? Proceeds would count towards your "Priority Points" and the site would keep a small "operating fee", say 5%.

I personally know not being a basketball season ticket holder this past year that my wife and I would have definitely paid "a premium" to sit in empty season ticket holders seats for basketball games this year.

More then likely my wife and I will be season tickets holders for football and basketball next year, and it would be nice to be able to sell our unused season tickets to someone who would use them if we can't, and know that it is a donation to SDSU athletics all at the same time.

Just thought it would create some discussion.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: A "Stubhub" for SDSU FB&BB

Interesting thought. I have season tickets for both FB and BB and there are tickets still attached to the book. In other words I was not able to attend and did not make any effort to even give them away. I do like the thought of reselling and I would be willing to do that if there was a way of doing this. With websites so many things can be done so I like your idea.

Comment

Wouldn't hurt to post them here. I know there were times I would have loved to have some reserved seats for BBall games. I suppose that what money you got for them could be donated right back to the department.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Whenever my wife and I were not able to attend I called Brad and Scotty and had them give them away on the Sportsshow.

Comment

I think using this forum to distribute tickets is a good idea. I have FB season tickets and am going to get BB tickets next year. I am going to leave the BB tickets with my daughter at SDSU and if I can't make it to the game, I will put a notice on the forum and she can leave them at will call. I would trust that whoever buys them could pay for them some way.

Comment

I think it's a great idea, whether it's a stub hub type of site or just posting them on here. I know I would buy someones unused tickets for bball games. For football, I'd rather sit GA on the east side.

Comment

I think that one thing that should be done before setting anything up is contacting the Athl Dept to make sure it doesn't conflict with any NCAA rules, especially if money is going to go back to the school in any way. If no problem with them, I would love to have this available.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I think this is a great idea as well. I bought season tickets for the first time last year and have four each for football and basketball and I don't always use them all.

Comment

Working...
                X