Just a thought for stadium improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought for stadium improvements

Spent some time up in St. Cloud this past weekend and got to see their new football stadium (opened 2004). They have an interesting dome setup for winter. It's installed in the fall, so the field can be used all year. Even playing softball tournaments inside.

This seems like something SDSU should look at if they do plan to install field turf when the stadium is updated. I doubt the proposed field house will be completed anytime soon. Until it is this type of dome would be a great addition for athletic training and other events.

I attached a few pics I could get with my cell phone, I tried to go inside but it was locked at the time. Here's the SCSU stadium facility website:
    http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletic...es/stadium.asp

Re: Just a thought for stadium improvements

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
    Spent some time up in St. Cloud this past weekend and got to see their new football stadium (opened 2004). They have an interesting dome setup for winter. It's installed in the fall, so the field can be used all year. Even playing softball tournaments inside.

This seems like something SDSU should look at if they do plan to install field turf when the stadium is updated. I doubt the proposed field house will be completed anytime soon. Until it is this type of dome would be a great addition for athletic training and other events.

I attached a few pics I could get with my cell phone, I tried to go inside but it was locked at the time. Here's the SCSU stadium facility website:
    http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletic...es/stadium.asp
    This is a pretty good idea.

This dome is put up by students and others in the fall. Club teams as well. Everyone is allowed to use it for practices during the winter. It's something that SDSU should look into.

Comment

I think that the stands at Howard Wood field should be moved to Coughlin Stadium. It would carry on the legacy of Howard Wood Field, solidify our Sioux Falls Alum's and keep it from ending up in a landfill somewhere. We're an Engineering University and this would be an engineering feat to wow the ages. I'll bet the price would be cheap too. What do the rest of you think?

Comment

Cheap? Moving tons of crumbling concrete? engineering feat definitely.

Edit: It hit me after my post that you may have been sarcastic.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
        X