X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Mahlum

Found this little article about Keith while doing some online reading:
    http://www.onalaskalife.com/articles...ts/02story.txt
    The variety of jobs a University of Wisconsin-La Crosse graduate in health, physical education and recreation/sports management is seemingly endless. Keith Mahlum, a 1986 Onalaska High School graduate, has earned his way into one of the highest-profile positions one could imagine in those fields as the associate athletic director and development director at NCAA Division 1 South Dakota State University.

Mahlum, who was a quarterback his senior year. and a part of 1984 and 1986 state tournament baseball teams at OHS, served a summer internship with the North Central Conference while finishing graduation requirements at UW-L. The internship allowed him to visit nine of the league's 10 schools, including SDSU, where he became a graduate assistant in the fall of 1991.

“I really enjoyed that experience,” Mahlum said of his internship. “And I believed in the direction they were heading.”

He's since risen to the promtions manager for the school's annual fund and to his current position, which he assumed in 1996. His position involves securing major gift fundraising for the school's athletic department, and overseeing the school's ticketing, operations and sports information departments.

“The transition has gone very well,” Mahlum said. “We've had landmark victories and gained conference membership.

Re: Keith Mahlum

Great post, Bluehatman.

We're fortunate to have Keith in the administration. He's constantly on the move, making sure everything is running smoothly.

Comment

It is often said be myself and many other that we are fortunate to have great leadership at SDSU in the Administration or Athletic Departments. We are always talking about Dr. Miller, Dr Chicoine, and Dr. Oien and how they have been the right person at the right time. They get a lot of the credit when things are good and all of the pressure when things aren't good.

Without the help of a strong supporting cast that goes all the way down to the people that sweep the floors, none of this success would be happening.

Keith Mahlum deserves a lot of credit for the way things have gone over the last decade in the Athletic Department. The work that his team has done in the fundraising arena is nothing short of spectacular and we are all going to be the beneficiaries of that for years to come by being able to watch these great student athletes in top notch facilities that have resulted from their efforts.

I'm sure Keith would just assume fly under the radar rather than having attention focussed on him! Too bad! He deserves to be recognized and congratulated for a job always well done!

Hats off Keith!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I have know Keith for several years and you are correct, he will just lay low and let someone else take the glory. It seems like there are several in the athletic department that have the same personality. Look at Stig, Keith and many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
          I have know Keith for several years and you are correct, he will just lay low and let someone else take the glory. It seems like there are several in the athletic department that have the same personality. Look at Stig, Keith and many more.
          Keith, like almost everyone in the Athletic Department, is focused entirely on creating positive experiences for the student-athletes. That mentality flows from Dr. Oien's philosophy and permeates everything they do over there. From my perspective, the rest of the university could learn from the way things are done in the Athletic Department. Whether you're talking about understanding of media, forward-looking vision, selflessness in pursuit of goals, or whatever, Athletics is a step ahead of the rest of the university.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
          X