HPER Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPER Center

I know that there are improvements being completed at the HPER Center. Have these improvements included repairing the outside steps going down from the upper level of Frost Arena? If so, will this affect the use and capacity of the upper level bleachers behind both baskets, and ultimately the maximum capacity of Frost Arena?
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: HPER Center

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    I know that there are improvements being completed at the HPER Center. Have these improvements included repairing the outside steps going down from the upper level of Frost Arena? If so, will this affect the use and capacity of the upper level bleachers behind both baskets, and ultimately the maximum capacity of Frost Arena?
    The stairs on the southwest side have not been repaired.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I don't have first-hand knowledge of if and when the steps will be reparied, but I would merely point out that we only had two games (of a VERY special nature) last year here where more seats would have been welcome. Until we get near to sell-out crowds, I'm not sure how high this project will rank on the maintenance budget at SDSU.

As to the question of what is happening with the HPER project, the addition on the north side, which will house women's basketball and volleyball lockers, team meeting space and study areas, is now enclosed (windows are in), but I'm not sure of the time table for occupancy...will have to check around. I also believe the old "dance" area, is going to be changed, and I think it was for the half-time meeting rooms for the teams, but not sure of that.

Comment

Does anybody know what will happen to the weightroom at the HPER in the future when the wellness center and the Dykhouse Center is completed?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
          Does anybody know what will happen to the weightroom at the HPER in the future when the wellness center and the Dykhouse Center is completed?
          The Wellness Center weightroom will be for the general student body. The current weightroom in the HPER will then be stirctly for athletes. When the Dykehouse Center is completed the weightroom there will be primarily for football.

Comment

I know I probably shouldn't say anything yet...but.... Frost is awesome on the inside but it would be nice if the outside would get a face-lift... its looks kind of dull but I know this will come with time. Maybe some new brick or update the roof and add some color...

Comment

If we start to consistently get crowds like Saturday night something is going to have to be done about expanding the concessions and bathrooms at Frost. For some reason the lower level concession is no longer open regardless of the potential size of the crowd. Does anyone know if there are plans to address this issue? I wonder if some people see the size of the lines at the concessions and just give up and thus costing the school revenue.

Comment

Yes, I gave up. Too long of a line.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  If we start to consistently get crowds like Saturday night something is going to have to be done about expanding the concessions and bathrooms at Frost. For some reason the lower level concession is no longer open regardless of the potential size of the crowd. Does anyone know if there are plans to address this issue? I wonder if some people see the size of the lines at the concessions and just give up and thus costing the school revenue.

I think it's because last year they had stairs from the student section going to the main floor and now you can only go up. The only seats which have direct access to the lower level are the court side seats. I do agree that it should be open regardless of that with larger crowds since there are stairs in each corner to access the lower level.

I would hope that in the master plan to upgrade Frost it would include new concessions and bathrooms underneath new permanent seating, assuming it's structurally possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
                    I think it's because last year they had stairs from the student section going to the main floor and now you can only go up. The only seats which have direct access to the lower level are the court side seats. I do agree that it should be open regardless of that with larger crowds since there are stairs in each corner to access the lower level.

I would hope that in the master plan to upgrade Frost it would include new concessions and bathrooms underneath new permanent seating, assuming it's structurally possible.
                    Could it be a fire code issue? If they block the hallway with fans at the concession stands? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Could it be a fire code issue? If they block the hallway with fans at the concession stands? Just a thought.
                      It would be no different than now because they are using the hallway for tstorage right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X