Student Athlete Development Center News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Student Athlete Development Center News

I'll have to drive by the next time I'm going through Brookings. If I think of it I'll snap a picture and post here. It's well established that this facility won't be complete in time for the September games, but I hope they have emphasized with the contractor that everything possible should be done to get the exterior looking as complete as possible so that it doesn't appear to be a complete eye sore for Sept. 12 versus Georgia Southern.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Per the contract substantial completion is scheduled for Dec. 1, however the contractor is hoping to be done around Nov. 1 and yes they are aware of the need to tidy up for game times as much as possible.

Comment

New pics up on the Dykehouse site. The building is starting to take shape! Still a long ways to go but nice to see if progressing!

Check it out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          If we get another kicker like Parker Douglass, they had better have strong pane glass in the Development Center. Driving by yesterday, what caught my attention was how close the goal post is to this building in progress. Not too many feet and kickers will no doubt be using the windows for a a guide. Hopefully we will have waving fans going crazy when the opponent attempts a FG at that end of the field. Home field advantage I would think.
          Looking at the new pictures I gotta agree. Better make sure they can get on the roof, looks like balls could end up there too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Looking at the new pictures I gotta agree. Better make sure they can get on the roof, looks like balls could end up there too lol.
            There will be a net, ala NFL games to protect the windows on gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERFAN View Post
              According to a few players, the current locker room is becoming infested by mice (eek!) so the sooner we can get players into the Dykhouse Center and out of the current locker rooms and the trailer park the better for all of us! Can't wait until it is finally completed, a nice addition to the North endzone. Go Jacks!
              Mice? Having been in that building, I'd be more concerned about flesh eating bacteria or Ebola viruses or something.

I am told they hope to be in the Dykhouse Center for the last two home games this year. It can't happen soon enough.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It still looks wierd there with out the trees.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center
                  Locker Legends

http://www.sdsufnd.org/LockerLegendsEmail.pdf
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

The highlight of the visit: a visit to the Dykhouse Center. Assistant Luke Meadows said it brings the wow factor that the program has been lacking. One recruit actually used that word to describe the $6-million building even though the interior isn't finished yet. The football lockers have been installed.

The above was in Terry's December 18th Blog. I hoped the contractor is paying some big penalty concessions for the time it has take to complete the facility.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      I hoped the contractor is paying some big penalty concessions for the time it has take to complete the facility.
                      One thousdand dollars a day. At this point since everyone is on break he can take another ten days or so and that will pay for a schollie!

Comment

Wished the entire building could have been done in brick as I don't care for the stucco on the north side. I'm sure it was a cost issue.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Wished the entire building could have been done in brick as I don't care for the stucco on the north side. I'm sure it was a cost issue.
                          Is it because this was phase one of the project? Stucco will be a lot easier/cheaper to take down to be able to expand the building.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                            Is it because this was phase one of the project? Stucco will be a lot easier/cheaper to take down to be able to expand the building.
                            I think this is the correct answer. If you're eventually going to put up a fieldhouse on the north side, there's no reason to spend the money for brick on that side.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Awesome. The second photo is of the showers.

Comment

very nice. is there a place for the entire team to meet?

Comment

Working...
                                X