Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Student Athlete Development Center News

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
    That would be a correct statement. They have sent out information to former football players asking for committments.
    Watch your ankles jumping off the band wagon. LOL. Seriously, I suspect our former players will do what they can, some are probably doing real well, others maybe so so and etc. Its a good idea to let them have the first chance to contribute. I would like to do something here, without having to conform to the 80% deductibilty rule, buts its not an option without dropping my standings in points for FB and BB season tickets. None the less I will be waiting for mail for the non football players to arrive.

Comment

The mailed solicitation asked for a starting donation of $10,000 payable over five years, and tiered up significantly from there. I know any donation is a good donation, but for some of us thinking in those terms can be a little daunting. I'm sure there will be plenty that can and will step up to the plate and those (like myself) who have limited reserves to kick in at these amounts. I'm actually having lunch with Keith this coming Friday to discuss this topic. Should be an interesting meeting.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
        The mailed solicitation asked for a starting donation of $10,000 payable over five years, and tiered up significantly from there. I know any donation is a good donation, but for some of us thinking in those terms can be a little daunting. I'm sure there will be plenty that can and will step up to the plate and those (like myself) who have limited reserves to kick in at these amounts. I'm actually having lunch with Keith this coming Friday to discuss this topic. Should be an interesting meeting.
        Wow, $10,000 is a lot for most people especially considering the economy is so bad right now. Would think they would maybe ask for slightly less say $1,000 or $5,000.

Comment

That does seem ambitious in the asking, but fund raising goals can often be reached quickly by starting out big. If the results are less than successful, I would hope that the foundation would not scoof at a $100 gift, but rejoice in receiving it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            That does seem ambitious in the asking, but fund raising goals can often be reached quickly by starting out big. If the results are less than successful, I would hope that the foundation would not scoof at a $100 gift, but rejoice in receiving it.
            The athletic department (through the Foundation) will happily accept donations of any kind. It's the job of the fundraisers to challenge donors to give careful thought to significant gifts...helping them raise their sights. But in the end, everybody has to make their own decision based on abilities and depth of interest. If you can't make an annual donation (for a pledged five years) of $2,000...what can you realistically do? That's what the fundraisers want you to answer.

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to that fund drive that started a couple years ago with Sid Bostic in charge? Weren't they trying to raise $10-$20 million? I'm thinking they started that deal 5 years ago. Has there been any progress reports? Or better yet, big money?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                Does anyone know what happened to that fund drive that started a couple years ago with Sid Bostic in charge? Weren't they trying to raise $10-$20 million? I'm thinking they started that deal 5 years ago. Has there been any progress reports? Or better yet, big money?
                Good question, for which I have no answer. I would assume its still ongoing in some manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Good question, for which I have no answer. I would assume its still ongoing in some manner.
                  This is the Lifelong Champions Campaign which is still ongoing. I don't know exactly where it is at but the goal is $20 million.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    This is the Lifelong Champions Campaign which is still ongoing. I don't know exactly where it is at but the goal is $20 million.
                    I just got a letter from Pres. Chicoine saying that "to date, 40 percent of the (190 million) working goal has been met" for the It Starts With State $190 million campaign.

The $20 million athletic fundraising goal got largely incorporated into the larger campaign, I believe--including $1m for baseball/softball complexes, $15m for the Dykhouse Center, $3.6m for the Equestrian Center. Also, $13.3m for athletic scholarships is in the larger campaign, according to the stuff at the SDSU Foundation web site.

So, don't know how much of the 40% raised is going to athletics, but the overall fundraising campaign is well underway.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      The athletic department (through the Foundation) will happily accept donations of any kind. It's the job of the fundraisers to challenge donors to give careful thought to significant gifts...helping them raise their sights. But in the end, everybody has to make their own decision based on abilities and depth of interest. If you can't make an annual donation (for a pledged five years) of $2,000...what can you realistically do? That's what the fundraisers want you to answer.
                      I probably should not have responded as I did as I think our foundation learned long ago not to turn down small gifts. That said the $2000 per year figures montly to be 166.66 or weekly $38.46, if one chose to use the electronic transfer. I have been giving a lesser amount monthly for about 17 years, and until recently its been hardly noticeable, until your overdraft protection kicks in. Your comments about fund raising very correct.

Comment

I appreciate the Foundation and Athletic Department's desire to really challenge potential contributors to the university. Mega-strides have been made in fundraising by those groups in the past ten years. That said, we are going through unprecedented times. I saw a report that indicated charitable giving (nationwide) declined by 20% in 2008. It seems to me that the folks at the Foundation and Athletic Department are going to have to work very hard just to keep what we have.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          I just got a letter from Pres. Chicoine saying that "to date, 40 percent of the (190 million) working goal has been met" for the It Starts With State $190 million campaign.

The $20 million athletic fundraising goal got largely incorporated into the larger campaign, I believe--including $1m for baseball/softball complexes, $15m for the Dykhouse Center, $3.6m for the Equestrian Center. Also, $13.3m for athletic scholarships is in the larger campaign, according to the stuff at the SDSU Foundation web site.

So, don't know how much of the 40% raised is going to athletics, but the overall fundraising campaign is well underway.
                          I've contacted Mike Burgers who is the Associate Athletics Director for Development. He cleared some things up for me. We have raised 7 of the $20 million dollars for the Lifelong Champions Campaign. The LLC falls under the It Starts With State Capital Campaign umbrella which has already rasied 40% of their $190 million goal as stated by Filbert above.

Comment

I went back to a thread started on 1/8/2004. It was an announcement in Sioux Falls concerning the push for a $20 million dollar endowment. Reading the stuff shows that Sid Bostic announced that approximately $4.4 million was pledged or given to kick-off the effort. Going on what was brought up by a previous poster, $7 million has been raised so far. That means $2.6 has been raised in the past 5 years. It's a little confusing because Fred Oien was quoted as saying that $6 million was in the endowment (he evidently added in the almost $2 million in established scholarships). So, if that's the figure the athletic department was working with, then $1 million has been raised in the past five years.

Comment

Found these pictures, updates, etc. on gojacks.com

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...RIBER_CONTENT=

Comment

It would be nice if they could post some construction update pictures on GOJacks.com

Comment

Working...
                                X