What a Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Weekend

It is great to be D I and to have a weekend like this while still in transition.

Football

SDSU 38 UCA 10

Women's basketball exhibition

SDSU 79 SMSU 44

Soccer

Two wins on the road over Liberty and Longwood to finish season 9 - 4 - 4

Volleyball

Two wins to reduce a five way tie to a two way tie for The Summit League Title with ORU who will be here next weekend.

Wrestling season opens with the Williamson/Daktronics Open

Would we have dreamed of this level of success three years ago?
    Last edited by Rabbit74; 11-04-2007, 01:48 PM. Reason: typo

Re: What a Weekend

This is just an appetizer. This is nothing compared to the next 2 weekends!
    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatewayrabbit View Post
      This is just an appetizer. This is nothing compared to the next 2 weekends!

No kidding, I'm trying to figure out how to make a trip to Brookings 4 days in a row for next weekend.

Comment

12-0 Since Oct 31

Soccer 2 wins
        Volleyball 4 wins
        Football 2 wins
        W Basketball 3 wins
        M Basketball 1 win

No losses - The Jacks are on a roll!!!

Comment

Weekend isn't over yet. Still a Women's game and a Men's game to be played. Plus the Festival of Champions. Good weekend to be a Jackrabbit.

Next week is another super weekend. My heart will be in Fort Wayne with the volleyball girls.

Comment

Well the Double OT basketball game today was a great time killer for the Main Event of the evening...The Festival of Champions. What a great event it was tonight, all the athletes that recieved special honors and recognizition last year were there and some cool little tidbits game out while there. I like, strike that, I love the way President Chicoine is organizing the campus. And that was evident in the remarks opening the Festival of Champions. It was a Good Time.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
              Well the Double OT basketball game today was a great time killer for the Main Event of the evening...The Festival of Champions. What a great event it was tonight, all the athletes that recieved special honors and recognizition last year were there and some cool little tidbits game out while there. I like, strike that, I love the way President Chicoine is organizing the campus. And that was evident in the remarks opening the Festival of Champions. It was a Good Time.
              I believe this has to have been the biggest 48-hours in SDSU athletic history. Two volleyball wins, including one over the defending Summit League champions, giving SDSU it's first ever Division I Conference Championship; a football win setting up a season-ending game against rival NDSU for another conference championship; and two women's basketball victories, against very good programs, all between 5 p.m. Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday!!!

And as BHM noted, topped off by Sunday evening's Festival of Champions, with 540 people (including 131 SDSU great athletes) in attendance. If you have never been to a Festival, it's time you tried it next year! While it's not official I believe the Festival will be at noon on Sunday as it was last year (if an afternoon basketball game doesn't come into play). Either way...it is well-worth attending!!

Comment

Working...
              X