Photos from 1958 Jackrabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from 1958 Jackrabbit

Found this on the web. The photo of the barn is great.

http://lib.sdstate.edu/archives/PDF/...-%20Sports.pdf
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Photos from 1958 Jackrabbit

I recall many views from the upstairs of the Barn. My last visit to Barn told me that those views would not be available if a game were played there. The upstairs part is now offices.

Comment

Remember it well. Note the basketball schedule included Northwestern, Michigan, Drake, Nebraska, Loyola, Creighton and Western Michigan. Further proof that DII (College Division) is far different than it was a half century ago. Not bothering to look it up but wasn't this USD's national championship year?

Comment

Yes USD did win the National in 1958. Had the Daniels brothers from Brooklyn NY. Great athletes. Also Clayton Kiewel Rapid City, Maurice Haugland Murdo and the good old Roger Nelson from Brookings. SDSU was swept that year. This was a team that had played together for at least 3 years and part of their freshman year. The five guys would often go 40 minutes, and I think they had only one sub that was used. In 1959, USD was rebuilding and they never were a contenter for some years.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 09-15-2007, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X