Everything First Bank and Trust Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything First Bank and Trust Arena

First glance — what an upgrade this is going to be.

Men’s bathrooms are going to be an issue. Only 1 open with half the capacity as before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      Men’s bathrooms are going to be an issue. Only 1 open with half the capacity as before.

Looking forward to seeing new look on 11/6. Now I know to limit hydration that evening

Comment

Definitely like the part where they took out the wooden bleachers and added modern seating.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

That is going to be a clusterF when we have large crowds. I didn’t even look, is the bathroom by the (old) hospitality room still there?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            That is going to be a clusterF when we have large crowds. I didn’t even look, is the bathroom by the (old) hospitality room still there?
            It may be, but the area is restricted prior to the bathroom.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

What about capacity on this bad boy? I've seen estimates from 4k to 5.5k with most indicating around 5k. I'm just basing this off pictures on the internet, but its hard to believe they can get 5k seats in there because of the multiple party decks and open concourse design that eat up a lot of good seats. Not sure what a good capacity would be or if it even matters. 4k would be plenty for the usual attendance but a hot ticket for some games.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
                What about capacity on this bad boy? I've seen estimates from 4k to 5.5k with most indicating around 5k. I'm just basing this off pictures on the internet, but its hard to believe they can get 5k seats in there because of the multiple party decks and open concourse design that eat up a lot of good seats. Not sure what a good capacity would be or if it even matters. 4k would be plenty for the usual attendance but a hot ticket for some games.
                The corners offer some new seats. Also, the ends will go to the floor again. I had understood that about 5000-5200 would be the capacity. Hopefully the party decks will appeal to the students on the west.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The corners offer some new seats. Also, the ends will go to the floor again. I had understood that about 5000-5200 would be the capacity. Hopefully the party decks will appeal to the students on the west.
                  I think the students will really like that setup. Maybe not as good as courtside, but a lot of bells and whistles nonetheless. And it definitely beats the current setup. If anybody is going to make it a "party" deck it will be them

Comment

The biggest question for them will be if booze is sold there or not

Comment

Got up to my first game this season and its a bit messy now but I like the potential for this when it is done. It will feel very different but will be great. I heard they are also upgrading scoreboards/electronics throughout and a new floor for next year. I would love to see a sneak peak at what the new floor will look like.

Its a small thing overall but I loved the use of the old bleacher wood as accents above the existing concessions and restroom areas. Nice touch to keep some of those materials around and visible.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

https://gojacks.com/news/2021/9/13/g...enovation.aspx

You can check it out at link above. It appears the court will be lighter/brighter in tone and the blue and yellow will be true Jackrabbit colors. The plan calls for state-of-the-art video board and display systems, an enhanced sound system, a more spacious concourse, and improved restrooms.

I've attended games in Frost since it was opened. This renovation is going to take Frost Arena and elevate it to a whole new level! Thanks to First Bank & Trust for the lead investment and to all others who have made this possible. In the few times that I have been in there this year, it is easy to see the basic layout taking shape. Also, it feels like the acoustics make it louder. That could change as the project progresses but I hope it doesn't. Would love to see it recapture some of its former intimidating effects for our opponents. Those that were there for the games with 8,000+ fans know what I'm talking about. Your ears would ring for a couple days and it was due solely to crowd noise.

Can't wait for it to be done!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                          Got up to my first game this season and its a bit messy now but I like the potential for this when it is done. It will feel very different but will be great. I heard they are also upgrading scoreboards/electronics throughout and a new floor for next year. I would love to see a sneak peak at what the new floor will look like.

Its a small thing overall but I loved the use of the old bleacher wood as accents above the existing concessions and restroom areas. Nice touch to keep some of those materials around and visible.
                          The center court SD will be hung on the south wall of the south concourse to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post
                            Yesterday looked very full and attendance was announced at about 3200. The published material states that there will be capacity of 5000-5500 when complete. It's hard to imagine the unfinished areas seating at least 1800 more people.

The reality is that 4,000 is probably the perfect size. Sure, once in every ten blue moons you could sell 5 or 6 thousand tickets but then you'd have a big empty arena 99.5% of the time (see Vermillion. What were they thinking?). The reality is the big USD, Augie, NSU crowds are more than 20 years in the past and aren't coming back.

Comment

I assume we won’t be able to host any post season games this year as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X