Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Announcement 10/8

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoJacksSD...31833094107136

Sounds like some type of announcement is coming Thursday. Anyone have any guesses in what its about? I've noticed these things tend to be historically underwhelming, so im not holing my breath.

I'd love to be wrong, but I dont think itll be an announcement of a football game happening this fall. It's possible, but im not sure why, at this point, you'd try to squeeze in a game. After watching NDSU on Saturday, im not sure it makes much sense to play a one off game this fall and risk injury to any players for a single game. And if fans can't be there, it probably doesn't make a bunch of financial sense either. I could see them trying to get a Hobo Day game for 10/31, but why wait to announce that until now?

Maybe it's something to do with the spring schedule? Or a Bball tournament/opponent? Addition of a varsity sport (seems unlikely in the Covid clinate).

Putting a lid on DJD!? Alcohol sales at the stadium!? Tailgating rules finally relaxing!? Hansen Hall becoming Hick Hall again!? Pints and Quarts finally going back to $1.50 Buds!? A brick fell off the Campanile!? WHAT IS IT!?!

My imagination is running wild...

Being reported SDSU will be playing in a 4 team BBall event. KState Drake Colorado. Not sure if that is a “big” announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Being reported SDSU will be playing in a 4 team BBall event. KState Drake Colorado. Not sure if that is a “big” announcement.
      Yeah, I saw that right after my post. Cool, but go ahead and out that in the underwhelming category if thats all this is.

Comment

Money for a facility.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Friend in the athletic dept gave me an idea what this is and I was massively disappointed. I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
            Friend in the athletic dept gave me an idea what this is and I was massively disappointed. I hope I’m wrong.
            This is correct - expect to be disappointed. Far from announcing a few days in advance that an "announcement is coming".

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

This is correct - expect to be disappointed. Far from announcing a few days in advance that an "announcement is coming".
              What's it all about Alfy?

Comment

Here it is:

https://gojacks.com/news/2020/10/8/g...ource=hs_email

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Yes a real let down I don’t have fifty bucks laying around waiting for opportunity like this. Sorry guys and gals. A year end contribution is in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Yes a real let down I don’t have fifty bucks laying around waiting for opportunity like this. Sorry guys and gals. A year end contribution is in the works.
                    Is it big news for us? Not really. However, I can see this being big for the department. They pretty much have 0 money coming in during the time that a majority of their profits are generated. I hope that this generates enough interest to offset quite a bit of that loss.
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

Is it big news for us? Not really. However, I can see this being big for the department. They pretty much have 0 money coming in during the time that a majority of their profits are generated. I hope that this generates enough interest to offset quite a bit of that loss.
                      It says they are only going to sell 1500 tickets, as of Friday they have 828 remaining tickets left (you are able to see how many tickets are left when you click on the link to buy a ticket online).

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

If they sell all 1,500 tickets, this will nearly double our annual revenue of program sales. I'm overwhelmed with joy!

Raffle sales: 1,500 tickets at $50 each generates $75,000.
                        Program sales in FY 2018: $38,999.

I'm sorry for being a Debbie downer, but I can't share the same optimism of JimmieTuba.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

If they sell all 1,500 tickets, this will nearly double our annual revenue of program sales. I'm overwhelmed with joy!

Raffle sales: 1,500 tickets at $50 each generates $75,000.
                          Program sales in FY 2018: $38,999.

I'm sorry for being a Debbie downer, but I can't share the same optimism of JimmieTuba.
                          I did not think about the tickets being limited, which, I think is a good thing for a raffle. So I was definitely overly optimistic with my previous statement.

However, let us not down play $75,000 during this time. That looks like a salary and a half for a AD employees. Or maybe that amount will keep 3 employees from a 3 month furlough (I have no idea what the average AD person's salary is).

As a fan, is this really big news? Not for most of us. However, the AD does need some cash inflow, so I can see this being a big thing for the department.
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
                          X