Raising Revenue at KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising Revenue at KU

Interesting article on Kansas' fundraising surge, from the Kansas City Star:
    Spearheaded by a new administration with an aggressive, cutthroat approach, Kansas has seen its budget rise from approximately $27 million to nearly $41 million in just three years. Just like that, an athletic department that once garnered little respect within the conference is now referred to as “The Model” by at least one Big 12 administrator.

“Kansas’ growth pattern represents one of the most dramatic changes in the entire country,” Colorado athletic director Mike Bohn said. “The turnaround in their revenue stream — and the competitive success they’ve had as a result — is something that’s admired by a lot of programs.”
    It's all about the revenue stream . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Raising Revenue at KU

It's all about the Benjamins at the D-I level!!!

It's even more crucial in a big conference like the Big 12! The $$$ that flowed into Nebraska after they had their run of national championships in football is staggering. It's pretty much all going to facility upgrades.

SDSU has done a great job in raising dollars to this point but there is still a long way to go! We need to get to the full 63 football scholarships before most teams are going to sign to play us. I think it would be awesome to play in Lincoln even though we would in all likelyhood get crushed!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Re: Raising Revenue at KU

i certainly hope that we are finding some new revenue streams. anything that can help get our scholarships endowed and then turn our focus to facilities.

Comment

Working...
      X