Sioux Falls office of the
    South Dakota State University Foundation,
    Alumni Association,
    and Athletic Department

Wednesday, June 28th at 4:30pm

117 S. Main Avenue
    Sioux Falls

Reception immediately following

serving SDSU cheese, SDSU ice cream and beverages.

THIS IS NEWS TO ME? DOES ANYONE KNOW THE RATIONAL BEHIND THIS.  ARE THEY ADDING STAFF?  ANY INFO WOULD GREAT, THANKS!
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: Sioux Falls Office for SDSU

Good idea, I think. Need to get closer to the SF business community.

Interesting that it's an office for the Athletic Department as well as the Foundation and Alumni Association, isn't it?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My guess is that the athletic department will have a staffer based there whose job is dedicated to obtain corporate sponsorships from Sioux Falls businesses and seek out donation dollars.

Comment

I think there's a student recruiting piece to this as well. Sioux Falls is the source of an increasing number of SDSU students. High school classes are shrinking nationwide, meaning recruiting is an even more important part of the deal. I can't recall the exact statistic, but within a few years, about 40 percent of all the high school graduates from South Dakota will come out of the Sioux Falls metro area.

Comment

It makes total sense to me that we have an established office down there. If you just look at the major corporate sponsors we have right now, a lot of those dollars are coming from Sioux Falls. With it's population and large alumni base, Sioux Falls holds the biggest opportunity for growth in all areas not just athletics.

VERY SMART MOVE!

Maybe we should have RABBITLIVINGINVERM open a satellite office down there!

The theme could be "You rally can get out of here!"

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
            It makes total sense to me that we have an established office down there.  If you just look at the major corporate sponsors we have right now, a lot of those dollars are coming from Sioux Falls.  With it's population and large alumni base, Sioux Falls holds the biggest opportunity for growth in all areas not just athletics.

VERY SMART MOVE!

Maybe we should have RABBITLIVINGINVERM open a satellite office down there!

The theme could be "You rally can get out of here!"

SUPERBUNNY
            Be a bit of a commute for me now. I moved to Sturgis last August....

Comment

From the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...INESS/60628006

SDSU to open downtown Sioux Falls office

FROM STAFF REPORTS
              June 28, 2006

South Dakota State University today will open a new office center in downtown Sioux Falls for its fund-raising arm, alumni association and athletic department.

It’s part of the school’s effort to tap further into the Sioux Falls business community to recruit and raise money for academic and sports programs.

The school in 2003 made the decision to move from NCAA Division II to top-tier Division I sports, a move that requires more money for athletic scholarships.

Nearly 6,000 SDSU graduates live in Minnehaha and Lincoln counties, and that number grows each year. In recent years, nearly one in five graduates move to the Sioux Falls area, according to the school. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Working...
              X