SDSU Alumni Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Alumni Director

OK...here it is folks! I'm not sure if Matthew is 89 Rabbit, but suspect so from reading this:

Matthew Fuks, a 1989 SDSU graduate with a B.S. in History and Political Science, has been named Executive Director of the South Dakota State University Alumni Association.

Fuks begins September 24 and looks forward to being back on campus and in Brookings.

“I have never become disengaged from the on-goings at State,” Fuks said, who is also a Brookings native. “I wear my SDSU apparel with pride and I love telling people that I am a Jackrabbit.”

“I am looking forward to meeting alumni all across the state and the country. There are now more opportunities than ever before to reconnect alumni with their alma mater,” he said.

Fuks describes his future outlook for the Alumni Association in one word: Growth.

“As the university grows, the Alumni Association needs to grow right along with it,” he said. “The students of today are the alumni of tomorrow.”

He believes that the Alumni Association must be part of the overall growth of the university and the state of South Dakota.

“This is a tremendously exciting time at SDSU and as the director of the Alumni Association, I get to share that excitement with our alumni,” Fuks said. “I can’t wait to get started…there is no better time to be a Jackrabbit!”

Fuks has lived in Kansas City since 1991 and has worked as a sales associate with The Kohler Company since 2001. His wife, Kari, is originally from San Diego but is a “Midwesterner at heart as 72 degrees and sun everyday is boring.” They have two children, Jeffrey 6 and Madison 3. Jeffrey is excited about the move but says, “I wish we could live inside the Campanile

Comment

That would explain the move to Brookings as well as the drop of Moderatorhood from 89's account. Congrats Mr. Fuks

Comment

Cngrts!

Comment

As a friend of mine commented, "I hope he doesn't rename the alumni golf tournament in Volga the Sioux Valley Mafia Golf Tournament."

Seriously though, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
            As a friend of mine commented, "I hope he doesn't rename the alumni golf tournament in Volga the Sioux Valley Mafia Golf Tournament."

Seriously though, congrats.
            Best of luck to Matt as he tackles a challenging and exciting position. What a great opportunity for him and for SDSU. No doubt his role as alumni director will be handled a bit differently than his role as a moderator for SDSUFans.com. Can I say that on here?
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yet it doesn't mention all the great work he and Filbert's done for SDSUFans.com! Where's the love, guys?
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-2993412.shtml
                Recently, the association council appointed Matthew Fuks as the new Alumni Association executive director. He is starting his new position this week and has just made the move to Brookings from Kansas City.

Fuks said his years at SDSU allowed him to succeed in career advancement and personal growth. Making SDSU his college of choice was a decision based on his parents' support, as they are both SDSU alumni.

Fuks graduated from Brookings High School and declared a general studies major his first semester of college. Later he opted to change to a dual major in political science and history.

Fuks didn't share any entertaining dorm stories while being interviewed, as he lived at home the first two years of college. However, he said that he enjoyed living off campus. He mentioned he lived in "an upstairs apartment on Main Street, right across the street from Jim's Tap."

Comment

Congratulations Matt!!! I know you will enjoy working as the SDSU Alumni Director. That has to be your dream job. I know you will do a great job. Congrats again.

Go State!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                  X