UND incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND incident

I wasn't there, don't know what happened. Assuming that D's account is accurate, it's still a non-issue as far as Jones is concerned. If he had a real problem with it last year, he would have transferred. He didn't. Apparently it was an ugly incident, but such things happen. If it is true in all of the particulars, I'm very disappointed.

If anyone is concerned about Oien as SDSU's AD, you
    should probably be writing a letter to President Miller, not wasting bandwidth on an internet bulletin board.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree with filbert, your barking up the wrong tree if you got a problem with Oien. Whatever people want to say about Oien, he does a great job as an AD. Take a look at what he has accomlished. If what happened is true then he probably made a mistake. I'm sure we can all relate with making a miskate. Time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by D

Before the game at Hyslop this year, I was at a local watering hole named Dagwoods, and there were 5, maybe 10 SDSU fans in there, a number were wearing SDSU apparrel.  I stuck up a conversation with one of the men, a real nice 45 or so year old who even offerred me a drink.  Anyway, I asked him if he always travelled with the team.  He responded with, "sometimes, but after the scherades (sp?) that some in the SDSU administration pulled right after the game last year in Brookings, I figured I owed something to the economy of GF."  I asked him if he was talking about Oien, he said yes.  I told him I was there last year as well, told him what I saw, and he said that he and the people he was with at that particular game saw very literally the exact same thing I and my party saw.  He said he was very embaressed, that I shouldn't hold that against SDSU becaus eit in no ways represents what goes on there.  I talked to the man for a good 25 minutes actually, he left a very good impression on me.  He told me that there were not many people who actually knew the events of that postgame, that it was kind of forgotten by people who witnessed it because it was such a humiliating and juvenile display.  We talked about other things, but nothing really relavent to the discussion at hand.  

I have conversed with 1 other SDSU fan who had the same version of the goings on I had because he said he thought he recognized me as being in the gym when everything went down, don't ask me how.  I would put my life on the fact that jackrabbit1979, the person who started this thead, was told the very same thing that I have said,   
        Ok first off I am getting tired of posts that start with "I was talking to "this guy" from your school and he said. . ."  Those carry no weight with the educated.  There are a couple do UNO fans that start many posts that way.  If that is all you have don't waste our time.  I was talking to a friend of UND's AD and he told me that UND cheats and he was sure that Coach Glas was trying to steal Matt Jones away. . . See I have a source too.  : (Just in case you are not sure, I really didn't talk to a friend of UND's AD, I was just making a point, D).

Next how about it jackrabbit1979?  D has put a might big wager on the tabel.  Having just got back from a customer trip to Vegas, I am not sure I would bet my life on something like that.  Again, just plain dumb.  Come on D you are better then this.  

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
          Again, just plain dumb.  Come on D you are better then this.  

Go State!
          I wouldn't give D the benefit of the doubt. Let him take his propaganda and personal attacks back to Siouxsports where he posts under a different name.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

Ok first off I am getting tired of posts that start with "I was talking to "this guy" from your school and he said. . ."  Those carry no weight with the educated.  There are a couple do UNO fans that start many posts that way.  If that is all you have don't waste our time.  I was talking to a friend of UND's AD and he told me that UND cheats and he was sure that Coach Glas was trying to steal Matt Jones away. . . See I have a source too.  : (Just in case you are not sure, I really didn't talk to a friend of UND's AD, I was just making a point, D).

Next how about it jackrabbit1979?  D has put a might big wager on the tabel.  Having just got back from a customer trip to Vegas, I am not sure I would bet my life on something like that.  Again, just plain dumb.  Come on D you are better then this.  

Go State!
            My point in stating that I had talked to 2 SDSU fans who witnessed the ordeal is that, in the last year, the 2 SDSU fans I have spoken with face to face about the situation who were there witnessed and described back to me literally the exact same thing that I saw, putting the blame entirely on the shoulders of AD Fred Oien as well as saying it was a terrible lack of class.  That may not carry weight, but it does show that I am 2 for 2 with 2 grand slams in hearing the situation from the SDSU point fo view from witnesses, and that has to carry weight as there were no more then 100-150 people who saw what went on.  I am hopefull Jack1979 writed what he was told, because it will be exactly or entirely similar to what I said.  Me betting my life is simply a figure of speech, although the last time I was in Vegas I nearly lost everything including my life to the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

I wouldn't give D the benefit of the doubt.  Let him take his propaganda and personal attacks back to Siouxsports where he posts under a different name.
              Your right doc, I have a terrible history of slander and bashing over on bisonville.

Comment

D,

You missed my point, with nameless fans nothing is proven to my or anyone else for that matter. Anyone can say they talked to "someone". Thus my example of talking to a friend of your AD who said UND cheats (not true but can't be proven or disproven). Its called hearsay evidence and it is not admissible in a court of law, and it dosen't carry any weight here either.

This is ancient and has no relevance to the here and now. I for one am not going to post on this subject again.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

If anyone is concerned about Oien as SDSU's AD, you
                  should probably be writing a letter to President Miller, not wasting bandwidth on an internet bulletin board.
                  Things written here have a way of being read and transmitted to those who need to know. Trust me....

Comment

Roger-
                    Trust you? You aren't a registered member so nobody even has a clue who you are. You may indeed be trustworthy but lets hear some credentials to back up what you say. For me, I recognize that there are only a few people on this board that I can trust (the members with posts up around 400 or more who really know their stuff and the few I know personally). I do not doubt that whats written here finds its way up the chain, but how much stock is President Miller going to invest in jbb.com posts? Let us know Roger-why should we trust you?

Comment

You make the presumption that I give two turds whether anyone trusts what I say. I'm not selling insurance or recruting diciples. You think that being registered makes anyone more legitimate? Better take your logical reasoning skills back to the A&P.

You need'nt believe a word of what I say for it too be true. The earth still goes around the sun even if you think it's all a lie. That's how it works.

Comment

Up yours Roger two turds. I suspect you're a FES member who keeps warning those around you about the sharp drop-off outside the world of DII. (please note the proper use of a contraction) Support your post with some substantiated facts and drop the personal attacks or go away to your little corner of the flat world. I you can provide some "real" information than please expound, if not, I think I've made my point. (another proper use of a contraction)
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X