Baseball and softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baseball and softball

Gavin Hofer,Stewartville, MN a SDSU baseball recruit was named to the Minnesota all state baseball team. He is a catcher. Good athlete. He may try kicking on the football team next year.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

What I'm wondering is why is there no interest in the new basketball recruit, Matt Cadwell, also playing baseball at SDSU. Baseball is his best sport. He is only one of a handfull of players at Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul to have been a varsity starting player for three years. This is the school that produced Joe Mauer, Paul Molitor, Jack Hanahan and Tony Leesman. He was first team all-state as a pitcher and also led the team in home runs for two years while only losing one game in his entire high scool career - his very last game. His career era was under 2. This guy was rumored to be drafted, but baketball was on his agenda so some of the scouts laid off. The baseball squad should not overlook this guy

Comment

Nice write-up in the Rochester Post Bulletin about Gavin Hofer leading the Stewartville legion team into the state tournament. His father is the coach. They mention Gavin as one of the top catching prospects in the state. He is also mentioned as a top notch pitcher. Hitting .550 this summer in legion ball. Sounds like a good get.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Why the attack on baseball and softball. Look at the past twenty years of baseball and see how successful it has been. Any other program at SDSU have the same success?

Comment

On a different thread someone wrote that we should look at the updated Baseball schedule . . . WOW it looks great. Games with Kansas, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Butler just to name a few. Also, games with Minnesota and Creighton in South Dakota! That is outstanding!

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...dule/Index.cfm

Go State! ;D

Comment

I noticed SDSU's baseball team is playing a couple of games in Sioux Falls. I assume the Sioux Falls Stadium (Bird Cage). Will that become the trend for SDSU to get the the quality teams (Minnesota and Creighton) to play in South Dakota or is it because there is a conflict with Bob Sheldon Field?

And also, does anyone know the time table for completion to the new baseball field at SDSU.
              We...ARE...STATE!
              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
                I noticed SDSU's baseball team is playing a couple of games in Sioux Falls.  I assume the Sioux Falls Stadium (Bird Cage).  Will that become the trend for SDSU to get the the quality teams (Minnesota and Creighton) to play in South Dakota or is it because there is a conflict with Bob Sheldon Field?  

And also, does anyone know the time table for completion to the new baseball field at SDSU.
                The JACKS are South Dakota's Team, just like the BISON are North Dakota's Team, the GOPHERS are Minnesota's Team, the CORNHUSKERS are Nebraska's Team..............

They can play a home game anywhere in South Dakota from now forward. Rapid City?

Comment

I realize they can have a home game anywhere in South Dakota. I just wanted to know why those two schools would be in Sioux Falls?

Is SDSU trying to showcase its teams in Sioux Falls (Probably a good idea)? Or is trying to utilize the matchups to bring fans to the games because SDSU is banking that U of M and Creighton will draw a lot of local interest and didn't feel playing the games in Brookings would give it the build up the games deserve in the media?

I would love to see SDSU play games in Rapid City or elsewhere.
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

I think an annual Wyoming-SDSU basketball game in Rapid City would be a Big Deal . . . the Black Hills Brawl . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU is walking a thin line moving games around the state. There has been talk about having some basketball games at the SF Arena and some football games at Howard Wood or in Rapid. What does that do for the people and business owners in Brookings that have been behind the Jacks for several years? Not much. Are you leaving some solid fans and supporters behind in search of new fans? Like I say, it is a thin line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
                        SDSU is walking a thin line moving games around the state. There has been talk about having some basketball games at the SF Arena and some football games at Howard Wood or in Rapid. What does that do for the people and business owners in Brookings that have been behind the Jacks for several years? Not much. Are you leaving some solid fans and supporters behind in search of new fans? Like I say, it is a thin line.
                        Agree...you need to pick your spots carefully...but you also need to "show the flag" throughout the state.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                        X