Volleyball rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volleyball rankings

You may want to check out the following volleyball ranking site. SDSDU is currently ranked 89th out of about 315 D-1 schools. Not bad for the first year.

http://www.richkern.com/vb/rankings/...;week=6-Oct+11

This is an RPI type rating, the type used to select the tournament teams. I believe that 64 teams make the tournament. With the early eligibility for volleyball, it may not be long until we have our first D-1 level post-season apperance.

Re: Volleyball rankings

Originally posted by Rabbit74
    You may want to check out the following volleyball ranking site.  SDSDU is currently ranked 89th out of about 315 D-1 schools.  Not bad for the first year.  

This is an RPI type rating, the type used to select the tournament teams. I believe that 64 teams make the tournament.   With the early eligibility for volleyball, it may not be long until we have our first D-1 level post-season apperance.
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, it will be the women's sports at SDSU that will gain early prominence at the DI level.  Just the nature of the college game.  Its easier to break in to the DI leagues that are more immature.  I look for our women's BB team to be competitive (top 100) also.

For those interested:

Radio: Wednesday's contest with South Dakota State can be heard live on 1010 KSIR and free online at KSIR.com and UNCBears.com. KSIR's Pat O'Rourke will have the play-by-play.

South Dakota State: The Jackrabbits enter this week having won four of five matches, including wins over UNC and NDSU last week. SDSU also owns Division I wins over UTEP, Texas Southern, Northwestern State, Boston College and Drake this season. Minette Ridenour, who had 23 kills against UNC last week in Brookings, still leads the team with 3.67 kills/game while Kim Bostrom averages 3.21/game. SDSU and UNC will play one more time this season, Nov. 12 in Orem, Utah at the Division I Independent Championships.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The interesting thing about this ranking is some of the schools that SDSU is ahead of.

Virginia Tech
      BYU
      Florida State
      Oklahoma
      University of Miami (FL and OH)
      UConn
      Iowa St.
      Iowa

Just to name a few that caught my eye. Nice job Jackrabbits, pretty good for our first year in D-I! 8)

Go State! ;D

Comment

SDSDU has moved up and is currently ranked 87th out of about 315 D-1 schools.

Check out rankings web site

Comment

What is interesting is the only Big Sky school ranked ahead of SDSU is Eastern Washington at no 71. I think we can compete in the Big Sky in volleyball without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
            What is interesting is the only Big Sky school ranked ahead of SDSU is Eastern Washington at no 71.  I think we can compete in the Big Sky in volleyball without a doubt.
            Sac. State at #68 . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert:
              Thanks I missed Sac State. It still does not say much for the competitiveness of the Big Sky in Volleyball. I think we will do very good if we are admitted in 2005 or what ever the date is set by the BSC presidents.

Comment

yep, it's good to know that we'd be competitive in many sports right out of the chute . . . even . . . football!
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                X