big sky or mid cont update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big sky or mid cont update

I haven't heard anything lately about the expansion of either of these conferences. Does anybody have any news or at least any info on when to expect some news?
    I am optimistic bc we have done well in vb and competed well in d1aa fb. Hopefully men's bb will be as good as usual but I am a little worried when I hear coach nagy talk about being young. Usually that is a metaphor for please be patient with us bc it could be a tough year. I hope not and I hope these conferences look at the big picture when they are adding schools and not what we did this year.

Re: big sky or mid cont update

NDSU and SDSU have sent applications to the Big Sky, along with questionaires about the schools and athletic department. These will be reviewed, and the schools that are of interest to the Big Sky will be public in December. There will be a committee touring the prospective schools after December, with a final decision and announcement about expansion expected in early spring (April- has been the month mentioned.

Comment

I believe Southern Utah and Northern Colorado also submitted their applications. From what I've heard, NDSU and SDSU are the two front runners, but that may just be a result of geocentric and wishful thinking. It makes sense to me, though as NDSU and SDSU make for easier scheduling geographically.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

SUU and UNC submitted applications, and there might be some others, who will remain anonymous until December or January, when the "finalists" will be revealed.

Comment

Working...
        X