Well done Mike_H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done Mike_H

Job well done Mike_H and crew this past weekend at the SD High School Championships. I thought you all did a great job covering the games for PAX. It's nice to have knowledgeable people AND people who know what to do on air. I enjoyed listening to you guys much more than some coach from Lemmon who may know his stuff but has no idea how to announce a football game. Thanks again.

Re: Well done Mike_H

Agreed, Mike you guys did a good job, its too bad the camera crew didn't do as well, a number of times you guys were making a great call on a play and the camera was following the quarterback running the play fake as the back took the ball downfield the opposite direction. The replays did get us caught back up. I would much rather listen to your guys call than someone with no PA experience or someone who tries too hard to be like sportscenter. The KELO news guys fall into that catagory. Thanks again.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I second the notion of shoddy camera work.

Comment

I am a little out of touch with SD high school football. Who won and who lost the championship games this past weekend?

Comment

Thanks guys! Good games make for good broadcasts. Texas, for all the results, stats, pictures, etc., go to sdpb.org.

Comment

Thanks Mike!!

Comment

Well, I'm telling everyone about one game. My hometown won one of the greatest games ever in the finals (sorry Mike, I was in attendance and didn't hear your call). Arlington defeated Gettysburg 30-28. Gettysburg had the 1st and goal at about the 3 inch line with about 3 minutes left in the game. The defense rose mightily to the occasion and stuffed them 4 straight plays. Arlington needed to get one first down to be able to run out the clock and on 3 & 9, they picked up approximately 8 yards and 37 inches. Arlington finished the year 12-0 and had the joy of telling all the prognosticators that they had foolishly overlooked them. ;D ;D

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

You should be proud, 1stRow! That team was 0-8 2 years ago, and 2-6 last year. You are right, us prognosticators did not see them coming! I did not have the call on that game, which meant I was right at the goal line on the floor for one of the greatest goal line stands I have ever seen! Go Cardinals!

Comment

It was great being there, unfortunately my seats were right on the OTHER goal line, right along with all the other Cardinal fans.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X