Scoreboards/Video Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoreboards/Video Display

I heard recently that Coughlin and Frost will get the long awaited Scoreboards/Video Display Boards from Daktronics next year. Sounds like they would be installed in the  spring. I think this will be a major enhancement to both venues. It sounded like we would retain the advertising rights so assume we are paying for them.

Re: Scoreboards/Video Display

This is good news ;D

Comment

I guess we will see with this, but do you think we will get a lesser quality board, video, etc. because we are footing the bill than what Daktronics would have given us if we would have given up advertising rights. One would think that Daktronics would want the best in their hometown (within reason) but you never know i guess.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
        This is good news ;D
        I'll second this and give my opinion. I think it would be a big mistake for Daktronics or SDSU to place any boards less technically advanced or aesthetically pleasing than those recently installed at one of the lower division colleges in the state.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The indication I got was the boards will be "state of the art" and something we will be proud of. I hope SDSU and Daktronics will make some kind of public announcement soon.

Comment

That's great news. And we didn't have to sell our souls to get them, as one small South Dakota DII school did for that glorified quonset hut where they play tough opponents like Peru State.

Comment

Good news.  I was worrying they would have to buy the old University of Iowa scoreboard that was recently listed on ebay!  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5137723232

Comment

Working...
              X