Any news on a future conference home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on a future conference home?

Sure hope it's the Big Sky. That'll be a great conference for y'all.

On a seperate note, Wyoming is heading to either the Las Vegas Bowl (opponent TBA) or to the Emerald Bowl in San Francisco against Navy. It's our first bowl appearance in 11 years (1993).

Here's to hoping Wyoming winning its' first bowl game in 38 YEARS!!! Last bowl victory was against Florida State in the 1966 Sun Bowl. It was long before Bowden became FSU's coach.

Re: Any news on a future conference home?

December 13 sounds like the date of the next meeting...we may know some about the direction of the search.

Comment

That would be great if the BSC comes thru for us. On a side note though I go to Omaha quite often to visit my son who lives there and we attend Creighton basketball games a couple of times a year. SOmetimes I will look up at the ceiling in Qwest Center and see the Mo Valley flags flying with No Iowa, Indiana St, Ill. State,SW Mo State,etc and wish we were up there. It seems to me that we fit the profile of that conference perfectly and we are a decent geographic fit unlike the huge distances of the BSC. I guess they aren't interested in sdsu but I would suspect in five years we could compete quite well in that league and be quite a good addition to that league. I would love the MO Valley and the Gateway Conf. for fb but I guess they aren't interested right now. Maybe later they might be but it could be too late by then. But the BSC will be great too - I would prefer the MO Valley. But I guess we aren't a position of being able to choose our destiny right now.

Comment

I agree that the Mo Valley would be a great conf for SDSU. But I suspect that the schools that are strong in Basketball wouldn't want it to happen - Creighton, Southern Illinois in particular - b/c they would be afraid of what it would do to their RPI rankings. Since they are a mid-major, they get the automatic bid but to get another team in they have to have a strong RPI. I know Creighton deals with this and is always talking about wanting to improve their RPI.

Not to say SDSU couldn't compete and wouldn't hurt anyone's RPI, but fear of the unknown probably won't let it happen.

THe Big Sky on the otherhand doesn't have to worry about RPI for Men's BB, because they only get one team in anyway, the conf champion.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
          That would be great if the BSC comes thru for us. On a side note though I go to Omaha quite often to visit my son who lives there and we attend Creighton basketball games a couple of times a year. SOmetimes I will look up at the ceiling in Qwest Center and see the Mo Valley flags flying with No Iowa, Indiana St, Ill. State,SW Mo State,etc and wish we were up there. It seems to me that we fit the profile of that conference perfectly and we are a decent geographic fit unlike the huge distances of the BSC. I guess they aren't interested in sdsu but I would suspect in five years we could compete quite well in that league and be quite a good addition to that league. I would love the MO Valley and the Gateway Conf. for fb but I guess they aren't interested right now. Maybe later they might be but it could be too late by then. But the BSC will be great too - I would prefer the MO Valley. But I guess we aren't a position of being able to choose our destiny right now.

I agree. The Missouri Valley Conference would be the ultimate dream as an SDSU basketball fan. It would be great if we could get our nose in there somehow, although I doubt it will ever happen.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. The Big Sky would be good but the Missouri Valley/Gateway would be the best. I realize we have to take what we can get, but I wish the Missouri Valley would reconsider. Getting into the Mo Valley might be a dream, but I'm gonna keep dreamin' it.

Comment

Originally posted by AJacks
              I couldn't agree more.  The Big Sky would be good but the Missouri Valley/Gateway would be the best.  I realize we have to take what we can get, but I wish the Missouri Valley would reconsider.  Getting into the Mo Valley might be a dream, but I'm gonna keep dreamin' it.
              Nothing wrong with that dream of membership in the MoVAlley at all. I have had that dream way back since SDSU won the NC in 1963, but no one else was with me on that. The Mo Valley has been around for a long time and the membership has changed.

I have also thought a Dome would be an ideal on the SDSU campus and again I have been laughed at and I have been forced to keep it to myself. Oh I think we have a number of good things to happen at SDSU in the future.

I guess patience is the key for all of us dreamers.  Welcome to the club. ;D

Comment

Working...
              X