X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Country Story in the Argus

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Th...article2.shtml

Re: Cross Country Story in the Argus

DancesWithRabbits: Thanks for posting that story. I am not a regular Argus reader and I might have missed the story (hey! my kid's mentioned!).

The X-country team left this morning for Corpus Christi. The women's race is set for 8 a.m. Saturday, followed by the men's race at 8:30 a.m. Temps have hovered around 90 in that part of Texas so we're hopeful the early start will avoid the heat.

Standout Brad Lowery will rejoin the team for the indoor and outdoor track seasons. I think Brad will run in a national cross country meet in late November. He's looking real good after taking much of the summer off and red-shirting the Fall X-Country season.

Comment

There is a great photo of the cross country team on the Jacks web site right now. Good luck to Rod and the crew down in Texas!!!

Comment

Good luck in Texas! Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

Not from the Argus but good news for the Women's CC and track teams.  Highlights from the Yankton paper.

http://www.yankton.net/stories/12180...41218010.shtml

Warnke Headed To South Dakota State

BROOKINGS -- South Dakota State champion Valerie Warnke recently signed a national letter of intent indicating she will enroll at South Dakota State University next fall and compete for the Jackrabbit women's cross country and track and field programs.
          A Fairfax native, Warnke won state titles in the 800 meters and 1,600 meters at the 2004 Class B state track and field meet. She also captured the Class B individual cross country title in 2002 and led her Bonesteel-Fairfax High School team to the state team championship in 2003.

"Valerie is a great talent and has a tremendous work ethic," first-year SDSU coach Rod DeHaven said. "We are extremely fortunate to have her join our program and I am excited to have the opportunity to work with her."

Another South Dakota kid, who can have the D-I experience in her home state! 8)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
          X