Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE BARN

Originally posted by stusdsu
    I appreciate the historicalness of Woodbine cottage as much as anyone, however, as a student I have seen some other buildings on campus that are in bad shape or classrooms that are not very condusive to educating students. I would have like to seen the money for woodbine to come from somewhere else, like a Historic preservation society not a fund generated by student fees for building maintenace. That money should be used for the greater of the student body, not a very select minority of students.
    As for the barn, can anyone tell me the seating capacity of the barn back in its day? Also where, was old State Field?
    stusdsu,

I was remiss in my previous post for failing to welcome you to the board and thank you for posting.  So Welcome and thank you.

I can understand your concern and can respect your opinion.  Please allow me to give you a couple of things to think about and then I will be done on this subject.

The first thought is that although you may never set foot in Woodbine, because of the way it is used it does benefit the student body as a whole.  I can honestly say that I have never been in the Animal Disease Research & Diagnostic Laboratory but I think it does benefit SDSU to have that building and I am glad we spend money on it.  

Also keep in mind that alumni like myself have played roles in repairs and construction of many buildings on campus that are used every day to benifit current SDSU students.  Solberg Hall comes to mind.   It was recently renovated using funds from the SDSU Foundation, to the tune of $2.1 Million Dollars of "non-student" money.  This building, as far as I know, is primarily academic in nature.

So although I am sure there are building on campus that currently need attention (just as there were in the middle and late 80's when I went to State), it is ok in my opinion if "student money" was used in the efforts to preserve Historic Woodbine Cottage.  Just my opinion.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
    X