• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit wrestlers take two

Highlights from the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../50216002/1002

SDSU wrestlers post two wins

BROOKINGS – South Dakota State closed its home wrestling season with a pair of victories Tuesday night.
    The Jacks won seven matches as they defeated Dakota Wesleyan 28-18, then claimed six weights in a 23-15 victory over Northern State.
    In the first match, South Dakota State overcame a forfeit and two pins to defeat Dakota Wesleyan. In the second, SDSU claimed decisions in early key matches and built a 23-6 lead before Northern won the last three weights.
    The Jacks (9-6) will return to action Friday when they face Millersville of Pennsylvania on a trip which also includes a Sunday dual at American University in Washington, D.C.

Go State! ;D

Re: Jackrabbit wrestlers take two

I think the Jacks squad is pretty young as they have taken their lumps against DI competition.

Comment

The Jacks are 5-6 against D-I schools.  Most notable D-I wins so far are Princeton in the Barn, and winning the American Division of the Virgina Duals.  They have 3 more D-I duals on the schedule.  Millersville (whom we have already beaten at the Virgina Duals), American Univeristy, and NDSU.  All three duals are on the road.  Best of luck to our young Jackrabbits!

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Last year our wrestling program seemed to be in the tank with the roster being all but depleted for a number of reasons. I am happy that the Coach Liles has turned things around this year. The NSU dual was still a lot closer than its been in past years, but I think its upward and onward next year. The reclassification to D1 is going about as good as we can expect.

I think we will see similar results in Men BB next year.

Comment

This should benefit Coach Liles when it is time to go recruit:

http://www.gojacks.com

Reclassification granted
          The NCAA Membership Subcommittee has formally approved SDSU's request to fully reclassify its wrestling program to Division I status. Jackrabbit wrestlers will now be eligible to qualify for the NCAA Division I Championships beginning in 2007 -- two years ahead of the original timeline set forth by the NCAA.

SDSU is currently in the second year of a five-year process of reclassifying from NCAA Division II to Division I in all sports

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
            This should benefit Coach Liles when it is time to go recruit:

http://www.gojacks.com

Reclassification granted
            The NCAA Membership Subcommittee has formally approved SDSU's request to fully reclassify its wrestling program to Division I status. Jackrabbit wrestlers will now be eligible to qualify for the NCAA Division I Championships beginning in 2007 -- two years ahead of the original timeline set forth by the NCAA.

SDSU is currently in the second year of a five-year process of reclassifying from NCAA Division II to Division I in all sports

Go State!  ;D
            I seriously hope that wasn't just put up on the SDSU site. That news was first reported on Sept. 8th. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy

I seriously hope that wasn't just put up on the SDSU site. That news was first reported on Sept. 8th. :-/
              Never fear, it's been up there for quite a while . . . both wrestling and volleyball are moving up early, as is NDSU's, if I recall correctly.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yes this is old info and has been posted on this board before. I posted it again because it plays a role in our upcoming recruiting, that and because new Jackrabbits come to the board almost daily and they may not have seen the eariler posts. Sorry, didn't mean to cause any confusion. :-[

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

Never fear, it's been up there for quite a while . . . both wrestling and volleyball are moving up early, as is NDSU's, if I recall correctly.
                  Good. I didn't see a date on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X