equestrian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• equestrian?

My spelling is proabably off, This seems like a natrual fit to an ag school, but why equestrian? Is there not a more popular women's sport to add? Yes there's the title 9 deal, but why equestrian? Are there people signed up for this yet? Just seems like there are better options out there, but what do I know, more of nothing than something.

Re: equestrian?

Originally posted by stusdsu
    My spelling is proabably off, This seems like a natrual fit to an ag school, but why equestrian? Is there not a more popular women's sport to add? Yes there's the title 9 deal, but why equestrian? Are there people signed up for this yet? Just seems like there are better options out there, but what do I know, more of nothing than something.

Best bet, go to this link and click on women's sports, then equestrian, then more information. There is a PDF file summarizing the program at SDSU.

http://www.gojacks.com
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

1. Equestrian is the only women's sport that has a roster size that can come anywhere near football's roster size.
      2. Fits with some of the academic offerings at SDSU.
      3. Is already popular in SD, I think there are 4H competitions (correct me if I'm wrong).
      4. Successful horse people have $$$, which in turn can help fund the program.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Its becoming more and more popular-especially among larger schools, My boses daughter just made her college choice based on equestrian programs, Stephen F. Austin just added it here in Texas.
        Its going to be bigger than most people think.

Comment

Here is an old thread 4 pages long on equestrian if you are interested.

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1082564730

Go State! ;D

Comment

What about Crew (rowing)? Women's Hockey? Debate for the sake of debate, would any of these two been economically more feisable? (how do you do spell check on this?)

Comment

Crew-They would have to practice in the Big Sioux river.
              Womens Hockey-Way too expensive.
              The only other sport to me that would have made sense is womens gymnastics, I'm glad they went with equestrian-It's a better fit for SDSU-IMO.

Comment

1. Equestrian is the only women's sport that has a roster size that can come anywhere near football's roster size.
                2. Fits with some of the academic offerings at SDSU.
                3. Is already popular in SD, I think there are 4H competitions (correct me if I'm wrong).
                4. Successful horse people have $$$, which in turn can help fund the program.

IMO Catch em all hit the nail on the head with this one except to rank them in order of importance. I think there is a close tie between 1 and 4. 2 and 3 can fall where they may.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                  Crew-They would have to practice in the Big Sioux river.
                  Womens Hockey-Way too expensive.
                  The only other sport to me that would have made sense is womens gymnastics, I'm glad they went with equestrian-It's a better fit for SDSU-IMO.
                  Hockey is never the answer. Way, way too expensive.
                  Gymnastics on the other hand is something to consider. Its equestrian for now and thats that.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                  X