Randy Moss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Moss

Not really an SDSU topic but interesting none the less.  Sounds like he's all but confirmed to be shipped off the those hooligans that call themselves the Oakland Raiders.  I'm not particularly excited to have him in the Broncos division.

Here's a link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1998159

Re: Randy Moss

Well, he'll give Champ Bailey someone to play with . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Very stupid trade - they didn't even get anything for him, and they don't need to trade him when they have $30 million to work with this year. They can go buy their defense, they don't have to give up their best player to get it.

Comment

But McCombs won't spend that money (his Vikings have become the WalMart of the NFL) and we don't know whether Fowler would spend any if he gets the team. The Vikings got a good young DEFENSIVE player, Napoleon Harris who was a first round pick in 2002, plus the seventh overall pick this year and a late round pick as well.

I don't know for sure how I feel about this yet, but I'm glad they're doing something. This was a frustrating year. They should spend that seventh and their 18th pick on more defense (cornerback Adam Jones from West Virginia and another cornerback or safety).

I think Daunte and anybody should be able to get you 21 points a game (don't forget all those good RBs they have... I'm a big Mewelde Moore fan). All you have to do is hold the other team to 20. That takes a good defense, not even a great one. Look at New England. Good offense (not terribly explosive) and solid but not necessarily great defense.... Oh, and a really, really great kicker of course.

I won't miss Moss' childish behavior, that's for sure.

Comment

I'm torn with this decision. Yes you give up one of the best if not the best player in the NFL. But the Vikings had to make some changes. It just wasn't happening with that roster. It will take some of the headache away from the team with having to deal with Moss's distractions.

Comment

I know it is because Mccombs won't spend the money, but it's a very sad day when he'd trade away his best player because he doesn't want to fill the salary cap, like pretty much all the other teams in the league do.

Comment

While the Herschel Walker trade has gone down as the most one-sided trade in NFL history, this may be a close second for the Vikings. They gave up one of maybe 5 players that tip the field in your favor every time. They get one draft pick that has a chance of producing a player and a good young linebacker with a lot of potential for a long career. Potential - isn't that a word that comes back to haunt teams.

Red made his money selling used cars. I think Denny Green snowed him when he got himself fired, but Al Davis took him pretty bad also. Fowler may be pulling his bid without assurances that Red doesn't screw it up further.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

A good point from Patrick Reusse this morning: "The Vikings were 29-37 (including 1-1 in the playoffs) in Moss' past four seasons."

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5257573.html

Comment

Another good point, this one from Bob Sansevere at the Pioneer Press: "Other than the Raiders, there just wasn't much of a market for a player who admits he plays when he wants to play and doesn't care what people think, including members of his own team."

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...l/10975176.htm

Comment

But Moss can't play defense - their offense has been one of the best in the league in the last 4 years. But when the defense can't stop anyone, you're not gonna be able to outscore anyone.

Give them an average defense in 2000 and 2004, and they make it to the super bowl.

There is no way that they couldn't have gotten more for Moss - it's like they went with the first deal they got. They got an underachieving MLB and a 1st round pick, but the deal breaker had to be that 7th round pick. :

When you are $32 million under the cap, there is no reason to dismember your top-rated offense in order to get defensive players - They will probably sign 2 free agens so they are 22 million under the cap when the season starts - that is how cheap they are right now. They have $10 million more than the next team. Had the same thing last year, and went out and got 1 top player and 2 decent players, when there were stars like Jevon Kearse out there - We could have used him

Why didn't they try to make a trade for Charles Woodson if they were going for defense? Oakland is trying to get rid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                      There is no way that they couldn't have gotten more for Moss - it's like they went with the first deal they got.  They got an underachieving MLB and a 1st round pick, but the deal breaker had to be that 7th round pick. :
                      Actually, everything I have read (Startribune, Pioneer Press, ESPN, CBS Sportsline) says the Raiders were the only team that had expressed interest in Moss. Plus, I'm sure they would prefer to trade him out of the NFC.

Comment

Yeah, I am very glad that he is at least out of the NFC. We will only have to face him probably once every three years, so probably 2, at the most 3, times until he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                          Yeah, I am very glad that he is at least out of the NFC.  We will only have to face him probably once every three years, so probably 2, at the most 3, times until he retires.
                          What do you bet he'll probably catch 10 TDs in those three games.

Comment

That is probably very close, plus Kerry Collins rips the Vikings apart everytime he plays them, so if he is still playing, it's gonna be a long game. 

Comment

Working...
                            X