New Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Staff

I am not sure if SDSU athletic administration is adding staff for sure, but I was looking at the names of the SDSU athletic staff and some unfamiliar names appeared. Micheal Burgers, Athletic Development Coordinator and Doug Hagman, Grounds Supervisor. If they are infact new welcome to the family. If they came from other SDSU apartments are have been on staff for a while I am sorry I have missed them. Anyone got the 411?

I am sure any additions be it coaches or admistrators are very important and I feel SDSU and Dr. Oien are increasing all across the board. These additions and any others are definitely going to make the transition smoother. Especially on the Development side to assist Julie and Keith continue to increase donations to the Jackrabbit Club and with the $20 million scholarship goal. Also the Fan Fest returns in March.

March Fan Fest starts Tuesday
    South Dakota State University fans and friends can help provide scholarship support to Jackrabbit student-athletes throughout the month of March during the fourth annual March Fan Fest.

Participating businesses will donate a percentage of their profits from March 1-31 to the Jackrabbit Club scholarship fund.

Local businesses participating in this year's March Fan Fest are:

• Brookings Hy-Vee
    • Taco John's
    • Cubby's
    • Wireless World
    • Pizza Ranch
    • Brookings Register
    • Brookings Radio

For more information, contact Julie Ackerwold-Smith at (605) 688-6746.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: New Staff

Mike Burgers was hired quite a while ago when Keith's job duties were expanded. Mike was called to duty in Iraq shortly after starting. Does anyone know if he has returned from duty yet?

Doug has been around for quite a while taking care of the outdoor athletic venues.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Mike Burgers is back in the states, currently doing a week of down time in Colorado or Missouri. SDSU was classy enough to not only hold his job for him until he returned from Iraq, but are also giving him a couple weeks to let him catch up on friends and family when he returns to the Brookings area. Mike is a great addition to the Jacks staff.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Mike is in Colorado. They are coming back to Madison early next week I believe. There is a group that was in Oklohoma that has come home to Watertown today.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
          Mike Burgers is back in the states, currently doing a week of down time in Colorado or Missouri.  SDSU was classy enough to not only hold his job for him until he returned from Iraq, but are also giving him a couple weeks to let him catch up on friends and family when he returns to the Brookings area.  Mike is a great addition to the Jacks staff.
          Not that SDSU isnt VERY classy, but under the federal USERA law, you HAVE to keep their position open for them until they come back. Great to have all of them back!

Comment

Thanks for the information on the staff. I guess sometimes the news travels slow. It is good to be adding staff across the board and fundraising is a need. Glad to hear that Mr. Burgers is back from Iraq. I know sometimes universities like to utilize former athletes for some name recognition for fund raisers? Since his name doesn't ring a bell, does anyone his background?
            We...ARE...STATE!
            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD
              Not that SDSU isnt VERY classy, but under the federal USERA law, you HAVE to keep their position open for them until they come back.  Great to have all of them back!
              Technically, you only have to keep a comparible position open for him. But the point is correct.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
                Thanks for the information on the staff.  I guess sometimes the news travels slow.  It is good to be adding staff across the board and fundraising is a need.  Glad to hear that Mr. Burgers is back from Iraq.  I know sometimes universities like to utilize former athletes for some name recognition for fund raisers?  Since his name doesn't ring a bell, does anyone his background?
                He may have played golf...I'm not for sure. He's orignally from the DeSmet area and is a great guy. Very easy to get along with. He was working at a funeral home in Brookings prior to his appointment with the A.D.

Comment

Mike "Kunta" (long U sound) Burgers is a hell of a golfer, but did not play in college.  His younger brother is playing for Creighton and is a great player.  Kunta is probably a legit 6-8 handicap.  He graduated a year or two after me and was in pretty tight with most of the football players of my era, including me.  

Studied mortuary science in college and was running a funeral home for about 4-5 years post graduation, but decided that wasn't for him.  He ended up with the SDSU job about one month prior to finding out about being shipped off to Iraq.  As I said before, one solid guy.  SDSU is lucky to have him.

Comment

Working...
                  X