North Dakota - Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota - Baseball

It is the home opener this weekend with the Jacks and Sioux going head to head 4 times with DH both Saturday and Sunday. After 21 games on the road I am sure the Rabbits are looking forward to being at Bob Sheldon Field. Here is a link to the UND site. The Sioux are 10-8 on the year.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/baseball/

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Sioux! ;D

Re: North Dakota - Baseball

I think DI college baseball is really on the upswing and with the increased tv exposure on ESPN has a chance to become more popular. How much fun would it be to gather in Omaha at the College World Series to see the Jacks. We obviously have a long way to go to get to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
      How much fun would it be to gather in Omaha at the College World Series to see the Jacks.
      I would bring Mav1 & Big Jake as my guest.  8) Maybe they would put me up for the WEEK.

Man would they eat crow then.  That would be just too funny!

Comment

I just don't see that happening for a looooong time.

Comment

The CWS is a great time....has been some serious talk of making the location rotate between cities. I hope the NCAA isn't dumb enough to do this, but again the almighty dollar will rule.
          Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

There has also been talk that the NCAA may better regulate the baseball season so the southern teams don't have such an advantage over the northern teams (start the season later and end it later).

Go State! ;D

Comment

Game 1 of the double headers each day (Sat. and Sun.) will be broadcast on KBRK. Here is a link.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Broadcasts/Index.cfm

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Sioux! ;D

Comment

Anyone else having trouble logging on to KBRK for the game?

Comment

Yes I am and I know for certain I have all the windows updates for media streaming. Somehow its not working but I think its on KBRK 's end.

Comment

Jacks split the double header.  They lost the home opener 5-2, but rebounded in the nightcap to beat the Sioux 8-5.  I would like to see the Rabbits put a little winning streak together and take both game tomorrow (take 3 out of 4).  Hopefully KBRK will have their streaming issues taken care of and we can hear game one.  First Pitch is scheduled for 1 p.m.

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Sioux!  ;D

Comment

According to the NCC website, SDSU won both games of the doubleheader with UND. Scores of the games were
                      SDSU 9 UND 3 and SDSU 10 and UND 7.  UND along with UNO with MSUM appear to be the favorites in the NCC this year.  Winning 3 out of 4 is progress for the Jacks against one of the better NCC teams.

We now have a three game winning streak.  Lets take care of DWU this Tuesday. Not sure of the season record but believe it is now 6-19.

Comment

Here is the story from Go Jacks.com

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,4207

04/03/2005
                        Jacks Sweep Pair From UND

BROOKINGS, SD - South Dakota State swept a baseball doubleheader from the University of North Dakota Sunday, winning 9-3 and 10-7.

The Jacks improved to 6-19. SDSU will host Dakota Wesleyan in a single nine-inning game Wednesday at Bob Shelden Field starting at 4 p.m.

SDSU used a five-run second inning to take the lead in the opener, then rallied from behind with a six-run fifth in the ninecap.

In the opener, UND scored first, on a bases loaded walk by Tyler Frenzel in the top of the second. But SDSU batted around in the bottom of the inning to take the lead. Pat Farrell walked, Nick Adams singled and Chris Iverson walked to load the bases with one out.

After a pop up for the second out, Korby Mintken walked to force in the first run, Tim Hanigan singled to right center to drive in two, and Tony Lane doubled to right center to drive in two more.

SDSU added three runs in the fourth. Iverson singled before Mintken and Hanigan walked. Iverson scored on a balk, Mintken scored on a sacrifice fly by Tony Lane and Hanigan scored on a single by Tyson Fisher.

Josh Elliott pitched the first five innings to earn his second victory of the season.

In the nitecap, SDSU took a 1-0 lead in the first, on a run-scoring single by Greg Geary, but UND scored five runs second inning on just three hits, including a two-run single by Ross Olson.

And UND pushed its lead to 7-1 getting a pair in the third on a two-run single by Scott Schmidt.

Then SDSU closed within 7-4 with a three-run third, on an RBI double by Tyson Fisher, an RBI infield grounder by Greg Geary and a sacrifice fly by Farrell.

The deciding rally started with a leadoff walk to Hanigan - one of five SDSU walks in the inning. Hanigan walked, Lane singled and Fisher walked before Geary delivered a two-run single. After a UND error, one run scored on a wild pitch and Adams had a two-run single. Then three straight walks forced Adams home.

Tigh Surdez, the third of four SDSU pitchers in the game, came on to hurl three shutout innings and earn his second victory in two days after the Jackrabbits.

Gary Olechoski pitched the seventh to earn his second save.

UND outhit SDSU in each game, 8-7 in the opener and 9-7 in game two. Lane led SDSU going 4-for-7 in the twin bill, scoring three times while driving in three runs. Geary was 2-for-6 with 5 RBIs while Farrell, Adams, and Fisher also had two hits each.

South Dakota State 9, North Dakota 3
                        North Dakota .............. 011 010 0 - 3 8 0
                        South Dakota State .... 050 301 x - 9 7 1
                        Jason Schlangen, Ryan Hendrickson (4), Jeff Reinke (4) and Blair Mileski; Josh Elliott, Paul Fishback (6), Kasey Keller (7) and Kyle Sytsma. WP-Elliott (2-3), LP-Schlangen (2-2), Sv-None. HR - None.

South Dakota State 10, North Dakota 7
                        North Dakota ............. 052 000 0 - 7 9 5
                        South Dakota State ... 103 060 x - 10 7 1
                        Andrew VanVoy, Luke Sandman (5), Sean Cooley (5) and Blair Mileski; Christian Larson, Dalton Decker (2), Tigh Surdez (4), Gary Olechoski (7) and Kyle Sytsma. WP-Surdez (2-1), LP- Van Loy (1-2). Sv-Olechoski (2). HR - none.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
                        X