USA Today Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Today Article

Good article in USA Today, about UTAM-corpus christi and their search for a conference. Also highlights the success they are having without a conference affiliation. Maybe someone with more technical savvy could link.
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Re: USA Today Article

Here is the url.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...-christi_x.htm

Damn, my first link
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

I GA'd for an assistant AD at TAMUCC (while we were at Delta State). Haven't spoken to him in a while, but I know before I left SDSU two years ago TAMUCC was struggling in most sports both on the field and with attendance. He was shocked to know we had as many basketball season ticket holders as we did at the time. Their attendance for WBB was less than 1,000 and MBB was 2-3,000 on a really good night. Looks like they have turned things around pretty good. If I remember correctly they will be in Brookings next winter to take on the MBB team.

Tough competing in Texas though with some of the other programs that are down there.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I found this article very interesting and very encouraging in light of the fact that this institution is still looking for a conference.

I feel that finding a conference seems to over played as an issue. Those who have doubts about SDSU's move seem to always come back to the fact that SDSU has no conference. Well that should not be a stopper.
        UTAMCC seems to have found a way. So can SDSU. We need time and support to build good programs which will make a conference want to accept us as a member.

Comment

Working...
        X