Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• softball player

Elkhorn player signs with Nebraska Comets

Ashley Kalina of Elkhorn is the first recent college graduate to sign with the Nebraska Comets professional softball team.

Kalina just finished up at South Dakota State, where she played shortstop this season after moving in from the outfield. She hit .311 this year, with a school-record eight homers.

Dan Burg, a founder of the Comets, saw Kalina when she played at Creighton this spring.

"I thought she did a very good job of hitting off Creighton's pitchers," he said. "I like her determination, her grit, her spunk."

The Comets open the season June 11 with a blue and white scrimmage, followed by a game with some Nebraska all-stars on June 12.

Re: softball player

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
    Elkhorn player signs with Nebraska Comets

Ashley Kalina of Elkhorn is the first recent college graduate to sign with the Nebraska Comets professional softball team.

Kalina just finished up at South Dakota State, where she played shortstop this season after moving in from the outfield. She hit .311 this year, with a school-record eight homers.

Dan Burg, a founder of the Comets, saw Kalina when she played at Creighton this spring.

"I thought she did a very good job of hitting off Creighton's pitchers," he said. "I like her determination, her grit, her spunk."

The Comets open the season June 11 with a blue and white scrimmage, followed by a game with some Nebraska all-stars on June 12.
    Professional fast-pitch softball. Interesting. Their web site needs a bit of an update though:
    http://www.profastpitch.com/
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
    X