Blantant Evidence of an Argus Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blantant Evidence of an Argus Bias

OK OK OK. I was always a little bit skeptical of the Argus' bias against SDSU, but not anymore. If the evidence wasn't obvious before, it is now. They've clearly got a bad taste in their mouth concerning SDSU.

From the Argus:

July is National Ice Cream month - as designated by former President Ronald Reagan in 1984 - and grocery store freezer aisles are packed as shoppers deliberate over choices.

The Argus Leader taste test panel licked through five store-bought brands of cookies 'n' cream ice cream in a blind taste test. They determined which was the chunkiest, creamiest and best-tasting brand. Below are five panelists' comments and scores, based on a scale ranging from 1 for poor to 5 for excellent.

To their surprise, South Dakota State University's version lost. LeMars, Iowa-based Blue Bunny won.

I suspect tampering. Likely along the lines of a mismanaged sorbet. Don't worry, I'm on the case... I'll get to the bottom of this faster than you can get to the bottom of a pint of SDSU Cherry Cheesecake Swirl.

Re: Blantant Evidence of an Argus Bias

Wasn't Blue Bunny founded by an SDSU grad (hence BLUE bunny)?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

OK, maybe I'm mistaken . . .

http://www.wellsdairy.com/Display.aspx?section=History

Seven years later, in 1935, the Wells' brothers decided to again sell ice cream in Sioux City. No longer able to use the name "Wells," the brothers decided to run a "Name That Ice Cream" contest in the Sioux City Journal. A Sioux City man won the $25 cash prize for submitting the winning entry, "BLUE BUNNY," after noticing how much his son enjoyed the blue bunnies in a department store window at Easter time.

I know it's heresy, but I personally have always found the SDSU ice cream too sweet.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU Ice cream sells for a premium at HyVee.

I think that shows the demand. I've always thought it was some of the best.

Comment

The people on that panel don't know good ice cream when they try it. I've always thought SDSU ice cream was some of the best I ever had. During FFA conventions in high school, the dairy bar was our first stop when we had free time.

I'm glad they didn't sell ice cream at Frost when I was in school or I would have to buy two tickets to get into the game. ;D ;D

With this press, maybe the lines to get ice cream will be shorter.

Comment

The Ice Cream at Frost sure makes it easier to please the wife

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
              The Ice Cream at Frost sure makes it easier to please the wife
              And what, excatly, are you doing with that ice cream?

Comment

Working...
              X