• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks receive AVCA academic award

(from news at SDSU)

08/05/2005

Jacks receive AVCA academic award

The South Dakota State University volleyball team has been honored by the American Volleyball Coaches Association for its work in the classroom with the organization's Game Plan/AVCA Team Academic Award.

"Our team has really worked hard to attain this award and it is a reflection of what type of student-athlete we will continue to bring to South Dakota State," Jackrabbit head coach Andrew Palileo said. "I’m especially proud of our girls’ ability to maintain their academic standards through all the travel during the past year."

Teams must maintain at least a 3.30 grade-point average to qualify for the award. The Jackrabbits compiled a 3.378 team GPA during the 2004-05 academic year.

In all, 137 women's teams at the NCAA and NAIA levels received the award. NCAA Division I had the largest contingent with 47 schools, counting SDSU and North Dakota State, which are entering their final year of transition to Division I status in volleyball.

SDSU previously received the AVCA Team Academic Award in 1998, 1999 and 2000.

Working...
X