ESPN's 50 States in 50 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's 50 States in 50 Days

As I am sure all of you know ESPN is traveling to all 50 states in 50 days and will be in Sturgis, South Dakota for the Rally. The date for the broadcast is August 10. I have watch most of them so far and ESPN is doing a nice job with them.

They seem to have a carnival like atmosphere when they are filming and have many people in the background. I urge SDSU fans and alumni to be in Sturgis during the filming waving SDSU flags and wearing SDSU clothing. It would be great exposure for us to the rest of the country. Hey it is the Rally maybe someone can find away to get a SDSU flag on a Harley.

If anyone knows where they will be setting up and filming from pass the word.

Make it a gathering and represent

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...ftyfifty/index
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: ESPN's 50 States in 50 Days

And, the voting is still open (at least it was last night).
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll be out there late Thursday night (August 4), Friday (August 5), and then leaving Saturday (August 6) morning. If they're filming when I don't have a commitment, I'll try to get there with my big SDSU flag.

Comment

South Dakota is on the ESPN Board (see link below, list of upcoming states on the right hand side). ESPN will be in Sturgis next Wednesday Aug. 10th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...ftyfifty/index

Go State! ;D

Comment

Highlights from the RC Journal:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/arti...cal/news09.txt

ESPN's Mayne to be in Sturgis

STURGIS -- As part of its 50 in 50 series, ESPN's Kenny Mayne will be at the Sturgis motorcycle rally today and Wednesday, Aug. 9 and 10.

The 50 in 50 is ESPN SportsCenter's way of celebrating the athletic culture and heritage of each state, according to its Web site, espn.com. The 50-day event began on July 17 in Massachusetts and will wrap up on Sept. 4 in Wisconsin.

Dan Quinn of ESPN said promo spots about the South Dakota segment are scheduled to air at 4 p.m., 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. Tuesday. He said Mayne, an ESPN sports anchor, would be on location to do the reports about 3 p.m. Wednesday on the south side of the intersection of Main and First streets in Sturgis. . . .

Go State!  ;D

Comment

3:00, what time zone?

Comment

Cherly Ladd??? A golfer....WTF is that all about? Who cares?

Comment

Working...
              X