On campus today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On campus today

This afternoon I assisted a son in moving into Caldwell Hall, the new dorm at State (all sophomores; minimum of 2.5 gpa to get into the dorm so the atmosphere should be good). I also walked through the student union and took a slow drive around Coughlin Alumni Stadium.

Here's a summary of my impressions...the first time on campus since last Spring:

Caldwell Hall: Outstanding new dorm. Well thought out. For those of you who may not know, it's a "suite" concept: two rooms share a bathroom.

Student Union: Beautiful facility although I had the impression the addition was larger. In any event, it should be the showpiece for high school senior tours of campus.

Coughlin Alumni Stadium: Nice touches with the big murals beneath the permanent stands on the west side...the scoreboard looks nearly complete and it's nice. Even the new paved road on the east side adds to a bigger-time atmosphere.

Plain and simple: The campus looks great. I'm proud to have a degree from SDSU and proud that I have two kids there.

Re: On campus today

I was over in Yound helping my freshman daughter move in and the renovations there were nice to. Bookstore and union were great. In the bookstore I saw a matted caligraphy that said: "SDSU,
    "If your on the inside, you cant explain it, If your on the outside, you cant understand" Thought that nailed it on the head!

Comment

Re: On campus today

I got to make a quick drive by Coughlin. Scoreboard is huge and the murals really put a nice touch to the place. I'm impressed in all the changes in the last few years.

Comment

Working...
      X