• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU serves way past Morehead State

From News at State)

09/16/2005

SDSU serves way past Morehead State

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- South Dakota State recorded a season-high 19 service aces as the Jackrabbits defeated Morehead State (Ky.) in four games Friday on the opening day of the Wake Forest Invitational volleyball tournament.

With the 30-17, 28-30, 30-13, 30-24 victory, the Jackrabbits evened their record at 6-6. Morehead State dropped to 4-8.

Minette Ridenour led SDSU with a career-high eight service aces and also contributed a double-double with 12 kills and 10 digs. Kristina Martin added 10 kills and a .409 hitting percentage (10 kills, 1 error in 22 attacks).

Kristie Klusaw tallied 34 set assists and four service aces.

Defensively, SDSU dominated at the net, holding a 13.5 to 3.0 advantage in team blocks. Sophomore Amy Anderson posted a career-high 10 block assists, with Martin contributing six block assists.

Samantha Pearson notched a match-high 18 digs as SDSU held Morehead State to a -.008 team hitting percentage (34 kills, 35 errors in 124 attacks). The Jackrabbits, meanwhile, hit .245 as a squad.

SDSU's 19 service aces were the most in a match since a school-record 20 against Missouri Western State in 1993. Six different players recorded at least one ace.

In a rarity during the rally scoring era, Morehead State was held without a kill in Game 3. Eight of the Eagles' 13 points in the game came on SDSU service errors, with three more coming on Jackrabbit hitting errors and two via ace serves. However, the Jackrabbits hit .476 with 13 kills in the game and tallied six aces of their own, including four straight by Ridenour, early on.

SDSU wraps up play at the Wake Forest Invitational with a noon Central start against the host team, followed by a 4 p.m. Central match against Georgetown.

Box Score

Re: SDSU serves way past Morehead State

Nice win for the Jackrabbits, that is 4 in a row. Keep it going Jacks!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
      In a rarity during the rally scoring era, Morehead State was held without a kill in Game 3. Eight of the Eagles' 13 points in the game came on SDSU service errors, with three more coming on Jackrabbit hitting errors and two via ace serves.  
      I have limited experience with VB but 8 service errors seems like a lot for one game.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I like you have limited exp. with Volleyball, so I don't know. As a matter of fact I am going to see the Jackrabbits play for the first time next week at Kansas State. The Jacks are currently playing and can be heard on KJJQ or like myself on the internet. Here is a link:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Broadcasts/Index.cfm

Jacks are currently behind Wake Forst 22-24 in game 3. The Match is tied up 1-1. Go Jackrabbits beat the Demon Deacons!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
        X