KSU - Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSU - Volleyball

Coach Palileo is on the Jackrabbit Report right now.  This week I will get a chance to see the Jackrabbits as they take on #17 Kansas State tomorrow, it will be my first ever College Volleyball game. After that the Jacks go to Air Force and UNC.  Busy week for the Rabbits. On Sept. 27th the Jacks play their first home match of the season as they take on Drake.

Go State!  ;D

P.S. KWSN has a new look on their web site, it looks good.

Re: KSU - Volleyball

Not sure what happened to 89 here, but:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,4515

SDSU swept by #17 K-State
    MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Agata Rezende recorded 11 kills to lead 17th-ranked Kansas State to a sweep of visiting South Dakota State in college volleyball action Wednesday night at Ahearn Field House.

The Wildcats won by scores of 30-18, 30-17 and 30-26 to improve to 11-1 on the season. SDSU dropped to 6-9 overall.

Rezende, who hit .556 (11 kills, 1 error in 18 attacks), led a Kansas State attack that finished the night with a .321 to .120 advantage in team hitting percentage. Joy Hamlin and Megan Kroker each notched nine kills. Stacey Speigelberg tallied a match-high 39 set assists.

Freshman Mackenzie Angner led SDSU with eight kills. Kristina Martin added seven kills, with Amy Anderson, Laura Slagter and Minette Ridenour each contributing six kills. Martin also notched a team-high nine digs as SDSU held a 43-40 edge in digs.

Kristie Klusaw contributed 32 set assists.

The Jackrabbits continue their road swing with a match Thursday at Air Force, 4-9 overall. Start time is 7 p.m. Mountain (8 p.m. Central) from Colorado Springs, Colo.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was at the game.  The crowd was wild.  They have their pep band, mascot, cheerleaders and everything at Kansas State Volleyball.  The first two games the Jacks looked out matched like they were playing the #17 team in the nation.  The third game the Jackrabbits really made the Wildcats work for it.  It was a pretty good effort, especially game 3.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Nice report...Snookums and I talked about running over to Manhattan for that one, but went to the Royals game instead (go figure!), then she started coming down with the cold that I brought back from S.D. and the Valpo football game.

Oh, well . . . we've got our basketball trips penciled in, anyway.

Go Rabbits!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks volleyballers knock off Air Force 3-0 in Colorado.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
          X