X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dominating win over NDSU

From gojacks.com

Jackrabbits sweep North Dakota State

FARGO, N.D. -- Minette Ridenour posted her 16th double-double of the season and two other South Dakota State players notched double figures for kills as the Jackrabbits recorded a sweep of North Dakota State in volleyball action Friday night at Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse.

With the 30-28, 30-28, 30-26 victory, SDSU improved to 12-13 overall. The Bison, playing before a home crowd of 859, dropped to 1-24. The win was the Jackrabbits' fifth consecutive victory over NDSU.

Ridenour, a junior outside hitter from Council Bluffs, Iowa, tallied a match-high 17 kills and shared high honors with 13 digs. She hit .394 (17 kills, 4 errors in 33 attacks) while upping her career kill total to 954.

Sophomores Amy Anderson and Kristina Martin contributed 12 and 11 kills, respectively, and combined to hit .396 as SDSU out-hit the Bison .344 to .250 for the match.

Kristie Klusaw was credited with 49 assists, while Samantha Pearson tallied 13 digs.

NDSU received 12 kills each from Kelly Lopez and Kim Hebl. Sheil Parrish was credited with 30 assists and Kari Fagnan contributed 11 digs.

The two teams will meet again Tuesday, Nov. 1 in Brookings. First serve on Senior Night is set for 7 p.m. at Frost Arena.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Another dominating win over NDSU

They had decent coverage on Kelo for this game. Might be because of the Hobo Day weekend.

Comment

Agree. They had volleyball highlights.

From Fargo.

I'd never seen that before.

Now, if we can work on the Argus not burying the Hobo Day game story (you know, the one 14,500 people showed up for?) on page 5 of the Sunday sports section . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

A better opponent will fix the Argus problem, but to tell you the truth, many people already had a 40 point win in the books for SDSU - they didn't need to read that in the paper.

Comment

Didn't NDSU used to have a good volleyball program or am I just confusing them with their women's basketball program?
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
            Didn't NDSU used to have a good volleyball program or am I just confusing them with their women's basketball program?
            Yes, in previous years NDSU's VB team has been very good. There's been a few major injuries, including the loss of the starting setter this year. The team is also very young - I know last year that 5/6 of the starters were freshmen. With the injuries, Coach Z has been rotating in a lot of players to get them playing experience. Unfortunately, this season was essentially thrown in the garbage can.
            :-/

Comment

Working...
            X